All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
As if the ibs isn't enough......
      #278177 - 08/13/06 11:42 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

So IBS is bad enough to have, it's uncomfy and all that other kind of stuff and I was so happy to have it under control.. BUt now, I think I have my first real taste of a stomach flu.. Ibs has a predictable pattern to an extent.. Usually for me, it's pain in the upper stomach area just below the rib cage, and moves down into my intestines and lower back, which is followed by D and then in a couple hours I'm fine.

Well, yesterday my fiance was having alot of stomach pains but I didn't think anything of it because he likes to over dose on the hot spicy stuff... Last night we went out to play pool.. Around 1am my stomach just started hurting like mad, I thought *well, I guess i'm not 100% yet but I guess one attack is better than every single day* but as I got home, the pain started to get worse and I wasn't getting any D what so ever.. Infact, other than the blinding pain, I wasn't getting any of the other ibs symptoms I usually get.. Turns out my fiance is having the same problems and so I'm led to belive after 7 hours of pain being off and on, and no bms.. that I must have a damn stomach flu... <sigh> Of all the luck..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: As if the ibs isn't enough...... new
      #278184 - 08/13/06 03:27 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

It's weird that you're not vomiting or something. Typically a stomach flu is either one end or the other (or in many cases both ).

Did you guys eat something that could be causing the pain (i.e. food poisoning)?

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#278197 - 08/13/06 06:46 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

We both ate the same chinese food thursday night but could it take 24-48 hours for food poising to hit? All the times I thought it was such it was just the ibs in the end but this is not ibs.. or at least i'm pretty sure it isn't, just doesn't seem anything like the usual symptoms.. I don't know.. either way it's unhappy... Thank you for the reply though, I'm not totally sure what the symptoms should be ya know??

#278223 - 08/14/06 07:22 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I wouldn't think food poisoning would take 24-48 hours. I hope you're feeling better today.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#278233 - 08/14/06 08:18 AM
craftymeg

Reged: 07/07/06
Loc: Newfoundland, Canada

Actually it depends on what caused the food poisoning. There are certain bacteria that cause food poisoning that can take 24-48 hours to cause problems. Although, most are seen to cause problems within twelve hours.

#278236 - 08/14/06 08:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ack, just what our sensative tummys need! Hope you're both on the mend!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 969

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review