All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Totally random thought
      #278037 - 08/11/06 03:02 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

So this is completly random and really has nothing to do with anything, but it is amazing how many things us ibs folk avoid for fear of an attack in some way shape or form..

I noticed today that I haven't been biting my finger nails in quite a while and thought *hey I should paint them tonight*... Thats when I realized that I have avoided painting my nails for months because I was worried I would get an attack while they were wet and make a mess of everything...

Whats the oddest little thing that you have avoided for one reason or another that would make a non-ibs person think you were totally nuts?? haha

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Totally random thought new
      #278040 - 08/11/06 03:45 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Ooh, that's a good question! I know I almost never leave the house without a snack in my purse, even if I'm just running errands around town. Never would have done that before IBS. And sometimes, I still can't get over how much better I feel than a year ago.

I totally understand! new
      #278043 - 08/11/06 04:05 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I won't got out to eat except for 1 or 2 places because I'm afraid that they might not have anything I can have on the menu and that they would screw up a special request.
I also only eat the same lunch almost everyday so I don't have an attack at work. (I got some flack from my one boss a while back and I'm petrefied to eat at work and have an attack.)

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#278045 - 08/11/06 04:19 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

ok, this just crakced me up!! tonight i was supposed to go over to a friend's house and my belly was a bit odd. I decided to stay home tonight and nurse my belly so I can be sure to get to work tomorrow...
BUT! about 30 min ago, i painted my nails. after i finished and they were wet i just said to myself "why did i do that? my belly is gonna act up and i'm going to ruin it'..haha too funny. so far, no attacks and they are almost dry!whew!

--------------------
IBS-A

#278046 - 08/11/06 04:22 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Mine's pretty embarrassing, but I very very very rarely wear skirts - feel like there's less 'protection' if I was to have a bad attack...

Other things are little stuff, like always having a bottle of water and packet of safe chips with me, for the distraction if I start to have symptoms while out. I'm sure there is something more odd I just can't quiet think of it!

I have done the not wanting to paint my nails thing on bad tum days too though!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: I totally understand! new
      #278050 - 08/11/06 05:07 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

heh.. I totally understand that one too.. I keep a can of plain prigles in my desk at work, and I only eat cup of soup for lunch.. I'm starting to take more risks now that I'm doing better but you know what I mean..

#278053 - 08/11/06 05:19 PM
Snorkie

Ha! I'm the opposite with skirts, at least at this time of year. I figure there's less work to do if I have to race to the loo. No zippers or buttons. Just pull up the skirt and go. But when it's cold and my IBS flares...pants all the way. Nylons are just not my friend when the tum's on the fritz.

#278071 - 08/12/06 07:08 AM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

hmmm this got me thinking and amazingly enough I couldn't come up with just one thing.

But...I have the gel nails so I don't have to do the nail polish (sad I know). I also avoid skirts and white pants/shorts...just in case.

I'm still not very stable so I don't have any little tricks yet, and probably very over cautious...but I'm learning new things every day

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Target: I swear every time I go there, I've got to use the bathroom. What is that all about? *nt new
      #278085 - 08/12/06 09:28 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Target: I swear every time I go there, I've got to use the bathroom. What is that all about? *nt new
      #278108 - 08/12/06 07:35 PM
Snorkie

OMG! I was just thinking the same thing when I was there today! Too funny.

LOL for me it's bookstores or music stores new
      #278112 - 08/12/06 07:48 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Movie stores too. What the heck is the deal with that. Almost always end up going on a poop run. Huh???

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 983 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review