All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Romance, Riches, and Restrooms: A Cautionary Tale of Ambitious Dreams and Irritable Bowels
      #277267 - 08/05/06 01:31 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I just ordered this. Has anyone else read it yet?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Romance, Riches, and Restrooms: A Cautionary Tale of Ambitious Dreams and Irritable Bowels new
      #277283 - 08/05/06 02:43 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Not yet, but funnily enough I ordered it last Monday, should arrive from Amazon.co.uk on Monday - can't wait to finally read something IBS-related that's humourous!

Currently reading "Sick & Tired of feeling Sick & Tired - living with invisible chronic illness", which focusses on how sufferers of things like chronic fatigue syndrome, MS, lupus, IBS and even HIV suffer invisibly - we have no cast on our leg or rash on our skin, and the problems this causes for both us, our friends & family & doctors. A really fascinating read, though not a 'brainless' one that you can read without really focussing on it, it's really intelligent & I find I have to keep skipping back a paragraph as it hasn't properly sunk in. It's one of those where you get all this relief that the various things you're feeling aren't unique to you!! The guilt, frustration, desperation, frustration at others reactions, etc.

Half way through it, and so far I'd recommend it. And will be starting Tim's book (Romance, Riches & Restrooms) as soon as I've finished this one.

Have you ordered it by the way?

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Romance, Riches, and Restrooms: A Cautionary Tale of Ambitious Dreams and Irritable Bowels new
      #277296 - 08/05/06 04:38 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

I haven't read it but it sounds like it will be a great read.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

I finished it, it's great, read it. new
      #278937 - 08/18/06 10:28 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

If anyone out there is still looking to know that they are not alone in the world if IBS, read this. It's a candid, funny peek into our lives. And I was able to identify with almost all of it. It never fails to amaze me how different, and yet, how similar we all are.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Ditto new
      #278970 - 08/18/06 03:25 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I got it last week and read it cover to cover in one night - just couldn't put it down!

Absolute confirmation that you're not alone in your fears, dramas & issues. And presented in a really funny way!

Was going to post a full 'book report' on it once I got a little time, but until then the most important thing I can say is BUY IT!! It's such a relief also to read about IBS in a non medical-book format, but in a personal life context.

5 out of 5 stars from me!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 772

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review