All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Well.....
      #277080 - 08/04/06 08:34 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm a lot less sick. I ate a huge bowl of spaghetti for dinner last night and waffles this morning and haven't thrown up at all! My morning poo was very lose but not explosive D, so big improvement there!

However, isn't there always a however? My eyes are beat red and hurt like hell. Between the redness, swelling and dark circles, I look like a walking zombie. We have been busy at the office but as soon as the doc I work for, who is an optometrist is free-I'm going to ask him to call the ophthalmologist and see what are options are. I'll update as soon as I find anything out. We are fairly busy today and my eyes are REALLY blurry so it will be hard for me to respond to many posts today, sorry.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Well..... new
      #277106 - 08/04/06 09:59 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hurray for 2 solid meals!! But I'm really sorry it means your eyes are bad. Hang in there, enjoy the weekend.

HUGS!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Well..... new
      #277107 - 08/04/06 10:00 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

I'm glad you were able to eat a real meal last night and this morning w/o getting sick. YAY for progress I totally understand how draining and weak D can make a person (that was me to a T before my ulcerative colitis became stable).

I hate the howevers in life when it comes to health. I'm so sad to hear that your eyes are starting to flare up again. I hope the opthamalogist (sp) can recommend something to make the flare go down.

Sending you positive thoughts,
Jenn

Re: Update new
      #277127 - 08/04/06 11:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Luckily, my cornea's have had enough time since using the last round of steroid eye drops that I should be able to use them for the next 6 weeks or so, until the humira kicks in. The optometrist I work for will look at my eyes weekly to make sure the pressure isn't going up and my cornea's aren't melting down-the two problems I've had before. If they do, it'll be very high doses of oral steroids or iv infusions. I'm to hit my eyes hard with the steroids for a few days than taper to hopefully a once a day maintenance.

Hopefully, once I start the humira the end of the month, that will reduce the inflammation and calm the eyes down. I'm STARVNG but otherwise feeling improved-not well but improved! I'm only seeing 20/40 right now so excuse the errors!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Update new
      #277147 - 08/04/06 12:18 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm sorry about your eyes but I'm glad to feel you're feeling better.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1441 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 879

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review