All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
congrats Jenny! new
      #277124 - 08/04/06 11:23 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I think it would be lovely to have a boy first, I'm the eldest and a girl and I think that it's a burden to be both so I don't want that for my first child! (I know, everyone thinks that they had it bad) although my schoolfriend had a a gorgeous little girl two weeks ago, so pretty!

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: We ate in Douglas... new
      #277126 - 08/04/06 11:40 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

My friend Matt owns that. He's actually now the mayor of Douglas. How funny.

My parents place is called M&M's Blue Star Café. It's a little 40's ish lookin' diner on the Blue Star Highway. It has a big ice cream cone out front. They have vegetarian, Greek, great sandwiches, your typical burgers and fries and of course, ice cream! It's so hard to have parents that have an ice cream joint and you can't have any!!!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Oh my gosh---we stopped there on the way home!! new
      #277133 - 08/04/06 11:56 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

That's the place where sundaes have names right?? I think I had a Josh, and it was delicious. The Art Barn people recommended it when we said we had a craving for ice cream---and we were glad we stopped, it was yummy! So tell your parents we really enjoyed it!

--------------------

Re: congrats Jenny! new
      #277136 - 08/04/06 11:59 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I dunno, we had read that in families where there are children of both sex, if the girl is born first she is more confident in herself and her abilities, so we were hoping for a girl first. So maybe being the oldest and a girl was in some way a blessing for you.

I think being the oldest is a burden regardless of whether your younger siblings are sisters or brothers anyway... I have 2 little sisters and Eric has 2 little brothers and we feel about the same about them.

Re: yay!! new
      #277138 - 08/04/06 12:00 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh yeah, I'm excited about Ollie even though we had wished he was a girl. I always knew he was a boy so I've gotten used to the idea.

What about if I post pictures of my dog in his brand new polo shirt? He looks much hotter than I do with the belly and the bad skin.

Re: Not prepared!! new
      #277146 - 08/04/06 12:17 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

My goal today is to have the baby's room ready---it's still all just piles of stuff and nothing is where it should be. My husband comes back from being out of town for work tonight at 7:30 so I want it done by then. And I still feel like I don't know enough---like how many diapers to have, what exactly I am supposed to do with a receiving blanket, what do babies sleep in, what do they come home in?? I'm clueless!!
And don't worry--soon enough your pregnancy will speed up and you'll be wishing you could put on the brakes!!

You'll be a great mom. You'll figure everythig out and it sounds like you have a nice support network there with you. You can swaddle a baby for sleeping, wrap them up like a little burrito just under their arms down to the toes and fold the blanket under their cute little feet. Or you can get a "sleep sack" to put on them over PJs. It's like a sleeping bag with a hole for the head and for the arms. My personal favorite. When they get to be more mobile and are rolling around in the crib, it can't come off of them so they won't get cold. Diapers: get a lot. New babies pee/poo more than some of us IBS-ers. LOL. Go a case at a time. You're going to be great. Try not to worry too much.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Ginger, this looks so good on you. new
      #277160 - 08/04/06 12:42 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I swear you have this earth mother hippie girl look to you that says you'll be the consummate mommy.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Very cool! new
      #277162 - 08/04/06 12:45 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

That's cool. Yup...Josh is one of the nephews. My son's faces (old pics though) were up there, too. The Tanner and the Logan. They've got names of all the grandkids and nieces/nephews up there as different sundaes.

I'm glad you liked it. I'll pass on the word!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Some pictures new
      #277173 - 08/04/06 01:30 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You look so beautful. How are you dealing with the heat? If you or Jen have any questions about anything please ask. There's enough of us to help. I saw you ask about the recieving blankets. They are great for covering them up their faces when they are in the car seat and your running to your car or to the store and it's either raining or windy. They are also great for a cover up when you nursing if they are big enough.

Re: congrats Jenny! new
      #277174 - 08/04/06 01:37 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Congratulations on your little boy! That is so exciting. When is your due date? It feels weird to have a boy this time. I feel like it's my first baby because I don't know what to expect lol. I guess we are also having a shower this time becasue we are having a boy. I was just telling my neighbor we could have used one last time since we needed so many new things and it was 4-1/2 years between Zoe and Meike but then again she was a girl and we defintatly need some boy things .

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 725 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6082

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review