All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Some pictures new
      #277090 - 08/04/06 09:07 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Heh, I love the picture of you hugging the car. I looked at your calender and it's amazing how close you are to meeting your baby! It seems like time flies by for other people's pregnancies and drags on forever for my own.

Do you feel all prepared?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes, loved Saugatuck! new
      #277092 - 08/04/06 09:10 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Nope, I've never been there. Never heard of it. It must be relatively new (at least in the last few years). I lived there for quite awhile before divorcing. I'm still on the lakeshore...just north a bit. I love it.

My parents have a restaurant in Douglas (just South of Saugatuck)so, we get down there for a yummy (and free!) meal once in awhile.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

We ate in Douglas... new
      #277095 - 08/04/06 09:35 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

at a place called the Everyday People Cafe. It was good! Douglas was cute too. What is the name of their restaurant?

--------------------

Not prepared!! new
      #277097 - 08/04/06 09:37 AM
epa_ginger

My goal today is to have the baby's room ready---it's still all just piles of stuff and nothing is where it should be. My husband comes back from being out of town for work tonight at 7:30 so I want it done by then. And I still feel like I don't know enough---like how many diapers to have, what exactly I am supposed to do with a receiving blanket, what do babies sleep in, what do they come home in?? I'm clueless!!
And don't worry--soon enough your pregnancy will speed up and you'll be wishing you could put on the brakes!!

--------------------

Re: Not prepared!! new
      #277099 - 08/04/06 09:42 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, I've wondered about the recieving blanket as well... let me know what you find out! As for all the other stuff... who the heck knows. We're hoping they'll tell us in our baby class we have to sign up for.

We found out Tuesday that we're having a boy, by the way. Which is what I thought he was anyway. Now only 21 weeks until he gets here... a very, very long time.

Yay! A boy! Congrats! -nt- new
      #277103 - 08/04/06 09:46 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#277104 - 08/04/06 09:48 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Receiving blankets are good for wrapping the baby up tight like a little taco in the beginning and then I used them alot for burp clothes. They went a lot further than the smaller ones. My son was a spitter so they came in handy. Also when it's warm they are light enough to keep a cool breeze off of them without making them too hot!

#277105 - 08/04/06 09:53 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Boys are great!!!! They will love their mommas unconditionally! I just adore my son and am glad I had him first. My grandma told me right after I had him that she was glad I had a boy first since I will always have a man to care for me if something were to ever happen to my husband. I thought that was soooo sweet! Congrats!!!

Re: Congrats Chinagrl, that's wonderful news that you're having a boy!-n/t new
      #277109 - 08/04/06 10:01 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

yay!! new
      #277113 - 08/04/06 10:31 AM
epa_ginger

I had always thought I wanted a girl first but as the pregnancy has progressed I've realized it would be great to have a boy first too. So I can honestly say either way I'll be thrilled.
The baby class helped us---we took breastfeeding and baby basics. Otherwise I'll be relying on my mom, my husband's mom, and trial and my two friends who had babies recently to tell me what to do!
I remember having 21 weeks left---halfway done! and you really should post some pictures you know.....

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1561 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6080

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review