All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feedback on Wellbutrin Please
      #277005 - 08/03/06 03:23 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

I have IBS C, now with diverticulosis. Has anyone found results in the drug Wellbutrin?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I take it. new
      #277065 - 08/04/06 07:08 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

But for other reasons (OCD, Bipolar). I haven't found it particularly helpful to IBS. Mind you, I'm also on other meds (SSRIS and mood stabilizers) so it's hard to tell, as I have a lot of anxiety.
I did find that Effexor took away my IBS completely.
Wellbutrin is a good drug, though. Doesn't have the side effects of the SSRIs.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#277128 - 08/04/06 11:44 AM
caroll56

I can't thank you enough for trying to help. Effexor was a good drug it just gave me constipation problems. Not sure what Wellbutrin will do for that. My doctor wants me to up the soluable fiber and see him in 3 weeks. If the problem is still there he suggested a colon/rectal doc. My GI doctor is plum out of answers. I'm getting anxiety worrying over this.

#277151 - 08/04/06 12:26 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I had great success with Celexa (nearly immediate relief, surprisingly) for my IBS, but switched over to Wellbutrin because I'm pregnant and can't take Celexa (Class C drug).

Wellbutrin isn't doing anything for me IBS-wise. I'm starting to see a phychologist and she was surprised that my GI put me on Wellbutrin. She didn't have high hopes that it would do anything, but we're giving it a shot.

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (08/04/06 12:30 PM)

Re: Feedback on Wellbutrin Please new
      #277167 - 08/04/06 01:07 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

It made me so constipated---and it made me feel jittery!

Re: Feedback on Wellbutrin Please new
      #277220 - 08/04/06 08:22 PM
caroll56

Yeah. I took it along time ago and I think it made me feel jittery too. Thanks. Not sure how I want to handle this situation.

#277221 - 08/04/06 08:26 PM
caroll56

Thanks. I have a decision to make. The GI doc told me to stay on Levbid indefinitely.

#277769 - 08/09/06 02:48 PM
funmom

Reged: 08/09/06
Loc: California

I am new to this site and I have a question. Long story short.......I've suffered on and off with IBS-C for 10 years....gotten really good at controlling it with exercise, diet but had a bad episode 2 days ago with severe C for 4 days and then when I did go.........MAJOR pain - labor like with sweats/almost passing out........then felt a bit better after "going" but still sore/upset tummy for the past 2 days. I just need to get back in to the swing of things - doing what i know i need to. I have stress/anger/anxiety issues and dr just put me on Wellbutrin XL 2 wks ago. I don't think my "episode" is connected to Wellbutrin because wouldn't it have shown up within the first few days of taking it? Don't know if I should continue to give Wellbutrin a chance or go on to something else.......only wanted something REALLY mild to see if it helped my "moods" so not sure I want to go on to something stronger. Any advice? Also, still feeling quite constipated...........any suggestions? Already taking metamucil.

#277775 - 08/09/06 03:48 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Give wellbutrin a try. It's a good med. It takes time to fully kick in, so be patient. You have to give it time to really see if it's going to work.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#277786 - 08/09/06 04:56 PM
caroll56

I still haven't started to take it .. It's been a bad IBS summer and after spending two days in hospital with IBS different symptoms which my GI doc attributes to menapausal symptoms and stress I'm on edge constantly. I've had IBS mostly C (more so on SSRIs when I've taken them) than D, but this time I had the D problem. I still have some discomfort and am taking Levbid for two weeks now. My MD wants for me to see a colon recal doctor, which I will try tomo to get appoinment. I'm feeling a little better right now, but IBS can get tricky. I am taking accacia and I believe that it is helping me alot. I'm going to hang in there and not push for the Wellbutrin until I see the crectal doc. That's about all I can contribute right now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review