All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
stone-free and biofeedback
      #276654 - 08/01/06 06:28 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Had an ultrasound for gallstones today which came back negative, so back to IBS as usual. I'm going to look into finding a nutritionist and also bio-feedback which my dad was helped by and has been pushing me to try for 20 years!!! Has anyone else had help from it? I swear, with all the money i've spent on trying so many alt. therapies I could buy a nyc apt!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: stone-free and biofeedback new
      #276655 - 08/01/06 06:38 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I have heard that biofeedback can have good results, though I have never tried it myself. I apologize if you've already told me, but have you tried gut-directed hypnotherapy yet?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#276667 - 08/01/06 07:39 PM
hawkeye

Yeah I did the audio 100 twice now. Actually 2.5 times I tried and stopped in between the two that I completed. At some point I'll try for #3 and see if I'm like Marilyn and need 3 times through. I looked into local hypnotherapists but never followed through with an appt. Now I've moved across the city so if I try that at some point I'll have to find someone different.

I actually once posted a list here of everything I'd tried for ibs - it was really really depressingly long! So I definitely don't fit your meds-free profile post - after 23+ years of ibs I've tried a lot. Currently I "manage" my unmanageable ibs with levbid, hypno, buspar, zoloft, and occasionaly xanax. I'd love to say I don't need them but I feel I do at this point.

--------------------

#276797 - 08/02/06 06:46 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Holy moly, you poor thing. There is small percentage of people who are not susceptible to hypnotherapy. Hopefully, you will have the same outcome as Marilyn if you try a third time. Or maybe 4th will be a charm. 23 years of IBS is an awful lot of damage to heal. I went to see a hypnotherapist in person but I've read that there is little difference between going to see someone in person and using the audio program. I hope I wasn't discouraging to you with with my "meds free" post. I sure didn't mean to be.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#276801 - 08/02/06 07:24 PM
hawkeye

Thanks. Your post didn't bother me - its great if you can do it. I actually did for many years. I've had ibs since age 10 at least, and didn't start taking meds for it beyond pepto until I was in my early 20's I think.
As for hypno, I'm going to put it on hold for a bit to try biofeedback. I think going in person would help me more if it would address my own particular anxieties around ibs.
I promised my dad I would finally biofeedback. It helped him greatly and I've been ignoring his advice to try it for the past 20 years. Anyway, I told him that if I didn't have gallstones that I'd find a biofeedback person to try. SO, now I will! I'll post how it goes.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 849

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review