All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Went to the ER this morning....
      #276505 - 07/31/06 06:40 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

Well.....
I started having more blood in my urine (looked like cranberry juice) so I got scared and went to the ER this morning and found out that it is actually a small kidney stone, but also a cyst on or near my ovary and possibly an inflamed bladder wall. Joy! Joy! I had to have a CT scan which is how they found the cyst and the stone. Last time I had a stone they saw the same cyst and say now that it is a bit larger. When my GYN checked me out last time this occured, he couldn't detect the cyst, so he concluded that it was probably one that comes and goes with monthly cycles. Well, they did a pelvic at the ER, too and they couldn't feel it either even though it showed up on the CT. So they think it is probably in an area behind the ovary and out of reach of the pelvic exam. So....now I have to go see a urologist...earliest they could get me in is this Friday. My GYN wants to let the kidney/bladder stuff calm down before he rechecks the ovary...so I have an ultrasound on it in a month. So, with all this stuff going on and the small argument my husband and I had this morning before he left for work and I decided to go to the ER. I've decided to go back on Zoloft for a bit so I can handle some of these stressful times. My husband doesn't want me to go back on it, but I feel I need it...so I'm doing what I feel is best for me. He want's me to stick with the acupuncture and see if it will work, but right now I need something a bit more immediate. I can still continue with the acupuncture.
So that's a bit of an update....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh Nuggs! new
      #276507 - 07/31/06 06:50 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I take it you didn't pass that thing yet huh? Sounds exactly like when I went to the ER with my stone. The first time they checked me they did a vaginal US and told me that I had a cyst that must have burst and that was what was causing me the pain. Checked me out with ovarian cyst. Told me to take Tylenol with Codeine.(mind you they did no Urine sample) Not 24hrs later I was back in the ER then they found the stone. Uh hello? finally did the urine sample and saw blood! Anyway, when I went to my gyno a few months later he told me the cyst was gone. I swear though, I get ovarian pains not around my time that I bet are cysts that keep bursting. They are VERY painful and I bet that's what was causing your pain. I'm glad you stone is small. You should pass it soon.
You do what you have to do to make you feel better. If you feel better on the meds then start taking them again. You can always stop when all this other medical stuff you have going on subsides.
Hope you are feeling better

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

You poor thing! new
      #276511 - 07/31/06 07:18 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Aw hon, I am so sorry!
That makes my bad day look like nothin'! I am so sorry you had to go to the ER, but I guess it's a good thing you did since they found the stone and the cyst. How irritating that it was there the whole time and they just couldn't feel it!
If you feel like going back on meds will help you cope with all this in the short term, I think it probably is the right thing to do. It seems to me that people who don't suffer with anything like that don't understand the need for medication. I hope the accupuncture starts to work as well, though.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: You poor thing! new
      #276551 - 08/01/06 04:48 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

sending you big hugs and thinking of you darling. Try and take your mind off it all for a while. Have a long soak in the bath then curl up and watch a good lighthearted film. thinking of you. jo xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#276611 - 08/01/06 01:29 PM
nuggs1968

Thanks! I appreciate all the support. {{{hugs}}}

#276612 - 08/01/06 01:30 PM
nuggs1968

thanks! I left work early and am trying to rest this afternoon. {{{hugs}}} Daytime TV really is the pits, though.

Re: Oh Nuggs! new
      #276614 - 08/01/06 01:33 PM
nuggs1968

Thanks for your continued support. {{{hugs}}} I started the Zoloft this afternoon. The nurse at my docs office still hadn't called it into the pharmacy. So, the pharmacy contacted the doc office to remind them and the docs office said it would be called in today. So...since I was leaving work and going home, I asked if they could give me a Zoloft started pak so that I could start it and pick up the prescrip tomorrow. So that's what they did. My experience with antidepressants/anxiety meds is to start out very very slowly. So I only took a half of a 25mg to start. Even though they said to take 25mg. I've followed the directions like that before and felt horrible...have to do what's best for me.

{{{hugs}}}

Re: Went to the ER this morning.... new
      #276705 - 08/02/06 07:14 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Nuggett,

I'm sorry you are feeling bad and had to go to the ER. I sure hope you pass your kidney stone soon and start feeling good again.

Hugs sweetie,

--------------------
Janey

Re: Went to the ER this morning.... new
      #276723 - 08/02/06 09:38 AM
nuggs1968

thanks janey {{{hugs}}}

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1374

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review