All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
quick update new
      #276923 - 08/03/06 11:15 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Had my initial consultation for hypno yesterday and have my first consultaion with Mike on 15th Aug. The day before I start my new job

Question: Should I refuse interviews now I have got a job or still say yes to interviews incase something better comes up but put myself through more stress???

Thanks girlies and guys
Jo xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: quick update new
      #276937 - 08/03/06 11:47 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Ooh tough one, but I think only you know the answer to what you should do. If it was me I would probably keep giving my CV out, but only to people I really, really, really want to work for. But your call doll, only you know how much the stress of interviews is affecting you right now. I think you've been great considering all the interviews you've had and all the work related stress of non-existent jobs and idiots at Asda!

As for your first session with Mike, it's really funny cause I'm there the day before you! Just something for your first session, obviously wear comfy clothes you can lie down and relax in, but also be aware he asks you to take your shoes off. It sounds really daft, but it threw me that first time completely! All of a sudden I was like "eeow, I was picking my toe nail varnish off earlier trying to distract myself - oops!!"

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#276949 - 08/03/06 12:29 PM
pinkprincess

hehe! Yeah he told me that he would ask me to take my shoes off. Remind me to do my toenails the night before!!!

I guess it is a job I don`t really care if I get. Think I`ll stick with the one I have got as I know a lot about optics now and then keep trying for jobs I really want.

Can`t think straight right now as I went for a run and did 150 sit ups. haven`t done that for nearly 2 weeks so my tum is sore.Even a bath didn`t help.

How are you anyway darling? Is J still away? How you coping? Did you give in to that pizza????

hugs
xx

--------------------

Jo new
      #276983 - 08/03/06 02:17 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Just reading this and sending a belated hug. That is so cr@p abt Borders. Any pics of the wedding? What was your dress like and where did you get it? I got the one for the wedding I went to in Oasis, it's more summer holidays dress but I felt good and cool in it (temperature wise) I got nasty cramps at the wedding that I was at on Tuesday but P was really enjoying himself so we stayed out for hours...will post pics later...

--------------------
S.

#276985 - 08/03/06 02:18 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

If there's a job that you really really like the sound of more than the one that you got then do the interview, if not don't. That's my advice

--------------------
S.

#277012 - 08/03/06 04:07 PM
Blondie13

Yuck, I remember when I used to do 200 stomach crunches every morning before a shower - I think if I did just 1 now I'd be in bed for several weeks recovering!!

Yep, resisted the pizza, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard!! Seriously, like addiction-fighting hard, my whole body was craving cheesy fingers. Very scary... But resisted, and had potato cakes with egg whites for tea - plain but I had major D.

Yep J still away, he's in Cardiff tonight, back tomorrow. Then, for once, we're having all weekend tomorrow, and he's taken Monday off for my bday so we have 3 solid days together!! Normally he's out running errands and shopping Saturday, and goes air rifle shooting Sunday from stupid-o-clock in the morning (anywhere between 5 & 8) and doesn't get back til very late afternoon / early evening. Can't wait - we're gonna have our first lie-in together for weeks on Saturday, and he's promised me breakfast in bed!! Not that it'll be exciting food, since I'm on super-diet rations for Sunday night (for both tum size and behaviour...).

Dyed my hair tonight, got all brave - u can see my natural colour on my pic, and I've died it dark blonde, very nearly light brown - feels black compared to what it normally does! Really like it, I have really pale skin with pinky undertones, and I think my pale blonde hair made that worse - I think this helps me look a bit better, less washed out. Will take a pic tomorrow and post when I have some makeup on!

--------------------

Thanks sinead new
      #277076 - 08/04/06 08:11 AM
pinkprincess

and I will post pics but i can`t do it. I`ve tried uploading them to the internet and everything but can`t get them to be visable on a post

--------------------

Blondie new
      #277077 - 08/04/06 08:13 AM
pinkprincess

Can`t wait to see pics darling!

Well done you on resisting the pizza!!!!! sorry u still had d it makes me get so angry when I resist something but get d anyway. Its like whhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you doing this to me.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend chicky and a good birthday! I want pics of the room, u and J.

Jo xxxx

--------------------

Re: Jo new
      #277286 - 08/05/06 03:03 PM
Blondie13

I know - and here I am again, 22.50 Saturday night, stuck on the loo with excruciating stomach cramps (worst I've had for weeks), horrible poop (TMI - but mixed D and normal, yuck), wind and bloating. All this and I've eaten perfectly since Tuesday!! Been really careful, drunk loads of water etc. Grrr...

Hair's worked out really well, and everyone loves it (everyone saying it looks more "natural" than my natural hair colour of pale blonde! ), BUT (as Michele said in another post, isn't there always a 'but' for us all at the moment?!) I appear to have had a delayed allergic reaction to the dye... wouldn't you know?!

I did the 48hr patch test behind my ear, and even duplicated it on my inner elbow to be sure (considering my extreme reaction to the shampoo that my hands are still recovering from, whilst on the strongest cream you can get from the doc), but it was all fine - didn't even go pink. That didn't surprise me, as it's only a semi-permanent it only has peroxide in in it, not peroxide and amonia.

Anyway, so I used the dye, and the next morning the patch behind my ear was red raw and stinging. It still is, and now the skin's peeling off it and the back of my ear too. Then through the day today the redness has spread to my hairline and also my scalp a bit, and the skin's really tender (fine if I don't forget and suddenly scratch it). But worse, my ear and behind it has swollen up massively, and now spread to my cheek, and all down the side of my face to my neck!!! J doesn't think it's the dye, because it took like 2 days for the reaction, but thinks it's my body's way of reacting to the stress about tomorrow. I think it's the dye, but don't really care - want it gone!

Have put cream on it, taken some Ibuprofen and also some Piriton to help if it is an allergic reaction. Beyond that I'm stumped. Besides, stuck to loo and have been all night so not much I could do anyway! Praying it's at least gone down a bit by tomorrow - only know how swollen it is from touch as haven't dared look in the mirror at it yet...

Anyway, to tomorrow, two changes of plan - 1) not wearing the dress any more (was trying so hard to 'dress it down' so we could eat out somewhere casual, and had major problems finding a bag to match my jeans ) - now wearing a vivid purple top I've only worn once, with gold beads on it (nicer than it sounds!), with some new jeans. Sorry to describe in so much detail - just so excited, this is the first time I've been out at night for probably more than a year, and to someone who used to go out 3 or 4 nights a week it's utter madness!!

Other change in plan is that we're not going to eat out after all - we're going to take a picnic to the room, full of loads of safe food! That way we can eat in the hotel, then go to a couple of bars in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, which cuts out a taxi drive to a restaurant, and reduces the possibility of restaurant food setting me off. Hopefully should help ensure a better evening!

Keep your fingers crossed I can sort my tum out for tomorrow! Plan to get to hotel for 2, so we've got the whole afternoon in the funky room. Think I'll be demanding a massage... It's worked out really well - we've spent all day together today, then we're off to the hotel and out tomorrow, then it's my actual birthday on Monday - so I'm having a 3 day birthday!!

xx

--------------------

Re: Jo new
      #277316 - 08/06/06 02:06 AM
pinkprincess

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww firstly I am sending you BIG HUGGLES. don`t know if you will get this before you have ur day out but I hope your tum has calmed down this morning.

As for the face reaction: my hair/scalp is always itchy when I dye my hair as I`m really sensitive. Maybe the stress has made it worse? so it could be a combination?

Your outfit sounds lovely - purple is in this season! Trust me I know ALL the stuff at the mo cos I`ve read SOOOOO many september magazine`s so I`m up to date for my work experience. Starts tomo (arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh my tum is going crazy and I have to go to a bbq today....I hope they have chicken otherwise what do I eat???)

The picnic sounds really cute, romantic and safer. YAY! I hope you have a fantastic time chicky.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for monday. I`m at the magazine all day but will try and pop on the boards to say it at one point.

Hope your day and tonight goes well. Got everything crossed for you. do deep breathing and try to stay calm!!!!! And if you have a poorly tum at least ur in ur own room.

let me know how it goes.

MASSIVE HUGS

Jo xx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1581 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19371

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review