All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: you won`t believe what has just happened. I am so so so gutted new
      #275970 - 07/27/06 07:27 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

You need to quiet down. Everything is going to work out. You will find employment, life is full of winding roads and the Bull....works out. Did you to a Gastroenterologist and if so, did he rule out "celiac's"? I think you are all tensed up and anxious. Call your doc either the Gastro or your Medical Doctor and ask them to prescribe/recommend what to do now. There are anti spasmodic meds that will help you control your symptoms temporarily and will quiet down your gut. Drink plenty of fluids, read Heather's food lists, and please I can't stress enough how to read Heather's IBS information. It's all there to help you. Drink the hot peppermint tea while experiencing the Diareha symptoms. It does relieve the discomfort of IBS symptoms. Good luck to you. Read this website quietly and carefully. Take care...life is good!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks everyone new
      #276001 - 07/28/06 04:18 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Nelly Thanks for your kind words darling. If i signed on the dole it would probably take longer than it would for me to find another job. I will go job hunting on Monday and my dad said he will see if there is anything at his work for me. At least I concentrate on my work experience week now and I won`t have to balance that with a part time job which worked out at 10 days straight.
Chely Thanks for the kind words and prayers - i need them!
Jennifer yes i agree with you! Maybe it is for the best and my stomach will calm down again. Thankyou for being so positive, I guess everything happens for a reason so something good should come out of it. After all if Borders can do this they are obviously not a very good company to work for.
ArmyWife Thanks for your kind words. It`s nice to know so many people care on these boards. They are great.
Carroll Thanks for your advice. I do have tummy tablets for spasms and to stop me from going already. I`ve been taking them for two years and I have been trying my hardest to follow heathers diet for a good 9 months now. yes my gastro doc ruled out coeliacs and everything else. I go back and see him in 2months and he will discus my results with me and discharge me with ibs and nothing else he can do It`s just annoying because I have gone back to how I was 2 years ago even though I am following all the ibs "rules" - although I am handling it a bit better than I did at the beginning. Oh well I hope my hypnosis helps.

On a good note I feel better today than yesterday which must be a good sign. Fingers crossed I get through the wedding tomorrow!

Thanks everyone

hugs
Jo xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Re: that is absolutely CRAP!! new
      #276006 - 07/28/06 05:28 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Fuming on your behalf!!

Why why why do companies not COMMUNICATE?! For this to happen it must've been in the pipline at HQ for weeks - and so should've communicated at store level that nobody was to recruit any new stuff for the time being. Simple!

What a bunch of idiots. Ah well, if they're that useless you're best off out of there.

I'm sure you'll get something else really quickly - after all everyone's seemed to love you! Haven't you been offered every job you've interviewed for? That should tell you something!

If you want to sign on for Jobseekers Allowance think you'd get it pretty quickly (it's not like Incapacity Benefit, where you have to argue for months and months...) - as long as you have no savings I think. Just go to the Jobcentre Plus website and have a look at what the conditions are. You might as well get the help you're entitled to, particularly as this situation is very definitely not your fault!

Big hugs winding their way over to Manchester for you... [[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Thanks Blondie new
      #276112 - 07/28/06 12:05 PM
pinkprincess

and yep I`m a gek cos I have got every job I have had an interview for I`m feeling loads better cos I`v had a spray tan, fake nails and my hair done for my boyfs cousins wedding tomo. My tum is sort of behaving better too....touch wood and cross all body parts please!

Going to re-hand out my C.V. soon. At least this way I can concentrate on my work experience, my books for uni and hopefully hypnosis (roll on wed at 4pm!)

sending back those hugs for you...how is everything? did you get the messages I left for you on your blog? Hope you are ok.

Thanks for your support!
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HUGGLES
Jo xx

--------------------

It sounds like you're feeling better new
      #276128 - 07/28/06 01:53 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

and I'm glad. I didn't get a chance to respond to your original post, but {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: need some hugs new
      #276133 - 07/28/06 02:07 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Holy Moly, when it rains, it pours, huh? As for your docs not seeing you when you are having flare-ups, call them when you're having one, tell them you're coming RIGHT NOW! And make them see you. If they won't see you, get a new doctor.

The job, what an absolute bugger! Are either of the other jobs offered to you still available? Perhaps you can still take on of those. IF not, don't worry too much. If three different places wanted you, you'll be able to find something else.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Thanks Blondie new
      #276162 - 07/28/06 05:57 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Glad you're feeling better. Isn't it crazy how much better a spray tan and falsies can make you feel?! I'm exactly the same, though it's probably been a year since I last had a spray tan - last time I was there I had an attack in the therapist's toilet - definitely something I don't want to repeat, v.embarassing...

Anyways, yup I got your messages on my blog - thanks darlin! I replied to one too. But seriously, thanks for posting comments - I get loads of people emailing me about it, but weirdly not that many people comment, probably about 20 out of everyone who's visited (will check my numbers, but was last at 800 visits). Strange huh?!

The cool thing is when people either click on the ad at the top of the page or use the Google search box right at the bottom - I get something like 6p everytime they do! Yep that might be nothing really, but it's 6p more than I had before they clicked it... They all go to safe sites, so I think people feel ok clicking on them - and thanks to everyone who does!!

I sent you that mail on Mike today too, hope it's helpful. Good look for the wedding - I want details and pictures of you in your expensive dress / with your cutiepie boyf!

I finally get to meet Jamie's best friend's baby tomorrow, and also go to the birthday party of my old best friend's little boy, who I watched grow up til about 18 months ago when we drifted apart - can't wait! Fingers crossed my tum lets me go, as right now (2am) curled up on sofa feeling very poorly and very sick. Grrr...

Right, off to update blog, finally feeling inspired! xx

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

I know the feeling..... new
      #276163 - 07/28/06 06:23 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

Sounds like you have a lot of stressful things going on right now and that's not helping your IBS. It's hard to find a way to calm down at times like these. We've all had our stressful times and we are all here for each other. {{{hugs}}} I'm trying acupuncture. I can't see any major changes, but I'm noticing minor improvements. If you can find a way to relax and take your mind off of the things that are stressful it really helps. I know that's easier said than done. I'm having a hard time doing that right now, too. I'm not much help. So, I'll just offer some more {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

wedding new
      #276177 - 07/29/06 03:19 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
how're you feeling? just thought I'd stop by and say hope everything goes well today
let us know how it goes
take care (((((hugs)))))
Vicky
xxx

Re: the wedding new
      #276307 - 07/30/06 12:04 PM
pinkprincess

Thankyou for the support everyone. The wedding - I`ll give you an expanded extract of an email I`ve just sent caroline (blondie)

I`m v.tired as went to bed at 2am (and left earlier than I wanted to too because of tummy pains) then was up this morning at 4.30am with tum pains and on the loo urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

but I danced all night with people I didn`t know as none of my boyfriends family would dance...they sat there either being boring or getting drunk and I wasn`t going to sit there and sulk in self pitty that I couldn`t drink so I thought "sod the tummy ache - due to the unfriendly ibs food available" - and danced from 10-12.30am ish. Although enjoying myself bloody well backfired as i had the WORST pains ever when I stopped and had to leave. (not to mention the sweaty hair, face and white armits where fake tan had come off)

What I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeally gutted about is I think the wedding and all the fuss has put my boyfriend off even more nearly three years James god damn it and i only want the ring hehehe (that was a joke!)...pics to follow in the next few days!

Tum is killing today but I`m goig to give out C.Vs again tomorrow. No stop for the wicked hey!

Can someone help me figure out the lesson I am supposed to learn from this whole job mess....

quick reminder = left my part time job of 4.5 years as I hated it and I only have a year left at uni so wanted something new. Got a new part time job for more money but hated it so I left after 4 weeks and got a job in a bookshop on less money but I was sooooo happy to be starting this job - the lesson I was going to take from it all was - if its a job you really want then less money doesn`t matter.....but (you know this bit) my new job which I was supposed to start on thurs rang me and said the guy whos job I was having is no longer available as he isn`t leaving.

so what the positive lesson?

I`m jobless and stressed, that doesn`t sound like much of a lesson.

I have fake nails on and am finding it too hard to type! How do people manage it?on that note i will end as i fear they will ping off and for £25 i`m ot chancing it!!!! sorry if there are speling mistakes I cant be bothered going back and correcting them!!!!!

loads and loads of hugs
thanks to you all
Jo x

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19368

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review