All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
SOS (please send support!!!)
      #275807 - 07/27/06 12:20 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hi Everyone 3am and I woke up doubled over with cramps. I'm home alone with my one and a half y.o. daughter for the first time. What am I going to do? I'm starting to have a panic attack. These cramps are terrible -- I can't even breathe fully and I can barely sit up. I'm emetephobic - just praying that this isn't going to lead to throwing up. Plus now I ahve the added fear of not being able to take care of my daughter. Oh this is a bad one. If this is IBS, its so severe. I'm so afraid I've gotten a bug. THis is the level of pain I had last time I had a stomach virus. HELP!!!!

Its Thursday morning - on tuesday afternoon some lady pushed on to the elevator with us when there was not space - almost hurting my daughter and I yelled at her for being rude. She said, "I'm sick and I'm going to throw up, okay?" Then she breathed heavily - all over me and my wife and daughter!- for the whole ride. It could have been an excuse but I believed her and its been on my mind. Its very possible that I made myself totally sick with worry over that. I dont' think its that possible that she made us sick. Well the rational part of me doesn't. THis is me at my full blown worst people - I'm so irrationally scared of this -
My daughter's up and crying now! I may have to go calm her down.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SOS (please send support!!!) new
      #275809 - 07/27/06 12:37 AM
hawkeye

Well I managed to find my heating pad - that was a triumph at 330am! And now I'm reviewing in my mind the times I've felt this terrible and not thrown up - first day of college came immediately to mind. You know, I even thought to myself last night that I would probably create a panicked situation by wakign up at 3 or 4 am and feeling ill. I managed to do it! My mind is soooo good at hurting myself but not so good at curing unfortunately .; (I've done the hypno 100 days twice). If I could beat the anxiety, then maybe it would be better. Its got a real grip on me, especiallly lately for some reason. Anyone out there?

--------------------

#275811 - 07/27/06 03:52 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

aw I hope u are feeling better. big hugs. I don`t really know what to say cos I am having a rubish time with it all at the moment too but sending you hugs and tummy thoghts
jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#275815 - 07/27/06 04:40 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I feel like a broken record saying this, but I have terrible panic like that - and emetophobia! - and the only thing that's truly helped me is medication. But if you haven't tried seeing a therapist, you might really want to give it a try.

I hope you're feeling better and that you managed to get some sleep, too - those 3am panics are the worst.

#275817 - 07/27/06 04:55 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
try not to panic your daughter I'm sure will be fine and so will you.
But I totally understand how you feel so scared I'm like that alot...
is there anyone who can look after your daughter? I think that'd be a great help, but so will your daughter be a great support, the love you recieve from her and feel for her will help give you strength.
I hope you feel better very soon
sending you prayers
Vicky

not out of the woods yet new
      #275827 - 07/27/06 06:30 AM
hawkeye

thanks for your posts everyone. It was a bad night but after hysciamine and xanax and a warm bath I managed to crawl back to bed and sleep a few hours. I woke up this morning and its still bad! I'm surprised. Its painful all across my abdomen around the level of my navel. I guess its bad ibs spasms but it is unusually awful.

--------------------

Re: not out of the woods yet new
      #275828 - 07/27/06 06:46 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I used to hate to throw up. It was always the sitting on the floor hugging the porcelan in misery. Then once pulled the waste basket next to the bed 'just in case' and you know what?I ain't so bad that way. I guess you're not fighting gravity. The last couple of times I was sick I actually was hoping I would throw up and get rid of it. TMI, I know.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: not out of the woods yet new
      #275832 - 07/27/06 07:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I just logged on, I hope you are starting to feel better. I hate the panicky feeling on top of being sick, glad you had the xanax, that usually helps me. Hugs and love

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#275850 - 07/27/06 09:29 AM
asianrei

Reged: 05/19/06
Loc: Flordia

You need take on some anti depressent to prevent you from Panic. I have been like you and match to the teeth. When I read your story and I felt like I was reading my story. I was afrid to be out with my son because I thought something happened to me and I wont be able to take care of him. Please accept the fact that our heads are sick and taking antideprssent is just fact of life. 2006 is a crazy time to live in...with all the happening in Mid East. Are you taking any medication for your panic disorder?

--------------------
Had my IBS since 2001 after 9/11

You poor thing! {{{HUGS}}} new
      #275876 - 07/27/06 11:36 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OK, remember to breeathe! It's time to find something that makes you calm. Is there somewhere cool you can go where the lights are dim? Close your eyes and put up your feet. Your child will be fine. Just keep her close and she'll relax.

I'm sending you good positive thoughts!

~nelly~

Re: You poor thing! {{{HUGS}}} new
      #275928 - 07/27/06 03:05 PM
hawkeye

Thanks everyone, I love that you are all so supportive. My sister came and watched my daughter today. I crawled into bed and slept for 5 hours. Woke up feeling the slightest bit better - these bad cramps are still here, just lessened. I wonder if I have a bug it doesn't feel like normal ibs cramps. I haven't had to throw up, thank goodness, btw Carol thanks for the spit up tip - I'll try it next time. Anyway I just ate about 10 grains of rice and may be brave enough to try 10 more soon! And to everyone who recomended ad's your are so right - I'm on two! Well one anti anxiety and zoloft they've helped ;my stomach but not really my anxiety. Xanax does the trick but I avoid it as its addictive.

--------------------

#276000 - 07/28/06 01:33 AM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

Hey Hawkeye,

Hope by now your cramping is gone. I am right there with ya - actually, the last couple nights I've been awake ALL NIGHT since I was feeling queasy. You can probably appreciate the fear of going to sleep (even when you know it will probably help!), since you could potentially "lose control" of not throwing up. And then not sleeping just makes everything worse. So here I am tonight up AGAIN feeling crappy. I hear ya...

About the bad cramps- you were worried 'cause they didn't feel like "Normal" IBS cramps. I can totally understand that. And I've gotten freaked out over the same kind of thoughts. However, I have to continue to remind myself that my body is an ever-fluctuating mass of symptoms that don't always follow a "Normal" pattern, ya know?

Blaming the nausea and discomfort on my IBS actually can be calming for me - that way I'm not freaking out so much about catching a stomach virus. I can just say "It's the IBS again...'cause I didn't do x,y,z..." and it settles me since IBS rarely involves throwing up.

Hope that helps. Or at least comforts a little.

~ Emily

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

#276002 - 07/28/06 04:24 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

how you feeling today??? Thinking of you

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#276021 - 07/28/06 07:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

yes, xanax is addictive. However, I've been using it on and off for 2 years without any problems. Right now, i usually just take it at night to help me sleep. Maybe once a week, I'll take one during the day to calm things down but as long as you truely only take it when you need it, I wouldn't worry too much. Back in December and January, I was taking 4-5 a day as I had just lost the twins and honestly needed it but since I've been able to cut way back without any problems.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#276033 - 07/28/06 07:40 AM
hawkeye

Everyone Thank you so much for all your messages. I'm still cramped today but slightly better. I have d as well, but after not eating for 24 hours I guess thats to be expected - with my body anyway. ate a little today and its going down okay. I think I had a stomach bug - its so hard to say when a bad ibs attack is so similar, and in the end I guess it doesn't matter much which one it was. My ibs can be severe but it doesn't hang on like this. Michelle thanks for your note about xanax. I have actually taken 4 or 5 in the past year. I'm overly cautious I'm sure but there's so much history of addiction in my family that I guess I'm extra vigilant about it. I wish I didn't need it ever but at times its a life saver.

--------------------

immodium? new
      #276049 - 07/28/06 08:19 AM
hawkeye

Hi again!

I just took immodium - I haven't taken it in years despite years of ibs-d. Not sure why not. I hate taking any new medication though - its such a gamble to see how my body will react. I'm hoping it will go okay. I'm still feeling a lot of cramps. Its been a day and half. I'm hoping it will ease up soon...

--------------------

Re: HUGS - I've been there.... new
      #276139 - 07/28/06 02:26 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I have OCD and am TERRIFIED of throw-up. It's hard for me even when it's my own kid (or me!). Plus, I'm home alone with my kids often, and am terrified I'm going to have an attack or be sick and can't care for them.
Deep breath my friend.
Is there always someone you can call if you need a hand? It's so comforting to have a backup.
When I'm having an attack, I often lay down on the couch and pop in a video for the kids and watch them play. Sometimes, it's helpful to get them started on an activity and then lie down. I realize that's not really easy with a 1 1/2 year old, but sometimes I would put them beside me on the bed/couch and pop the video in, and a toy or two.
Hang in there!
Hugs, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: HUGS - I've been there.... new
      #276147 - 07/28/06 03:33 PM
hawkeye

Yup, my daughter and I watched two dvds two times each before my sister arrived to help me out yesterday! We barely let her see the tv but it was my only hope to keep her safe and me from getting sicker. Last night my sister drove us to my parent's house for me to sleep and them to watch my little girl. I still have ended up doing a lot of work for her - but got some rest too. At this point I'm slightly better; the cramps are coming and going instead of constant but I"m developing a massive headache which I assume is related to how few nutrients I've taken in these past 2 days. I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end of this episode.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1048 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2432

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review