All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
another unsavory topic....I have to ask
      #274409 - 07/17/06 06:10 PM
pinto7416

Reged: 11/23/05

Since we talk about IBS, I figure this is a good (safe) place to ask about something I can't ask anyone I know. The thing is, I get recurring boils on my bottom and they drive me crazy. I go through phases. It's not a problem with hygeine, but maybe I need to start using a special cleanser? I don't know. All I know is that if I use acne medication, the skin is too thin and sensitive and it only does the area more harm. Anyone know anything about this? Nether region issues galore here.

thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: another unsavory topic....I have to ask new
      #274413 - 07/17/06 06:33 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Have you thought about seeing your dr.? There's lots of things not over the counter that might help. Maybe even a dermatologist can help. I wouldn't use acne stuff though if it's aggravating the situation. Sorry I wish I knew more.

I agree. Consult a doc on this one. new
      #274428 - 07/17/06 07:26 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Not that the subject bothers us. I just have no idea what to do about that. I hope you find something to help you soon.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

We love unsavory topics! new
      #274460 - 07/17/06 09:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just kidding... kinda. Welcome, by the way.

I'm not sure what to do with recurring boils. I agree with the others, that a trip to the doctor might be in order, just because they might be able to prescribe something that'll help better than over-the-counter stuff. In the meantime, try some hydrocortisone cream on them. It might not clear them up, but it'll make them feel better!

Good luck!

#274462 - 07/17/06 10:12 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

my friend had one of those.. her dr said it has something to do with sweat or something.. they said excessive sweat can clog a gland or something and cause boils.. sometimes they have to removed so ask ur dr about it, hope that helps

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

also... new
      #274463 - 07/17/06 10:37 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

hers broke open so make sure you dont put anything on it.. she used alcohol pads to try and dry it up but not sure if that helped but when it broke open, she did use neosporin to keep the infection out and the dr said thats the best thing she couldve done.. but definitely get them checked incase its something else..

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Re: hmmm new
      #274521 - 07/18/06 09:25 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry no real advice. I get a kind of heat rash thing down there from wiping too much sometimes and just use desitin but thats sort of oily and would probably make your problem worse. I agree that your couldn't go wrong with a neosporin type of cream though!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#274544 - 07/18/06 11:57 AM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi Pinto,
I've had these as well. My dr told me to take salt baths. That helped with the throbbing and itching. He prescribed some medication for me although I can't remember what it was.

You should really go and get them checked out ...before they burst.

Good luck

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#274672 - 07/19/06 04:47 AM
pinto7416

Reged: 11/23/05

thanks everyone! I guess a trip to the dr. is in order. I feel so icky and unclean and that is soooo not the case. I hope she (the doc) reassures me about it and gives some good advice. I'll try to get in to see her today.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 991 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1884

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review