All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ahhh
      #274398 - 07/17/06 05:07 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

ok, so as you all know, i started seeing a counselor, i dont really want to, but im giving it a try.. and she knows about my ibs, and how im in pain all the time.. sooo i missed my first scheduled appt with her a couple months ago.. because my stomach was being mean that day lol and i was in pain, so i woke up feeling bad and i called and said i wasnt feeling well so i cant make it. so she called that a 'no show' cause i cancelled the same day as the appt.. so i see her after that and i was fine.. today, i woke up feeling dizzy,and im in pain all over, and my ibs is acting up.. so i call today and i tell the secretary i woke up feeling really sick.. so she gets mad and says 'this is no show #2, one more time and the counselor will refuse to see you anymore' ummm shouldnt they take my health issues into consideration!?! i dont know what to do, i dont know how im going to wake up feeling..

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

bump lol. sorry guys but i need advice..n/t new
      #274420 - 07/17/06 06:57 PM
chely24

--------------------

Re: ahhh new
      #274427 - 07/17/06 07:25 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

They really need to be understanding of your IBS. It drives me crazy when people want me to plan way ahead and get all piddle-diddled when I have to cancel because of IBS. Is there another counselor you can see who will be more understanding?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#274433 - 07/17/06 07:36 PM
chely24

im not sure but when i go back im going to bring it up again and tell her theres bound to be times im going to have to cancel and if she doesnt like it then ill go see someone else..

--------------------

Sounds like a good idea. I'd do the same thing. *nt new
      #274436 - 07/17/06 07:42 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#274458 - 07/17/06 08:55 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Now this is very hard ... I can see both sides. As one who has ibs and has canceled many appointments and trips because of not feeling well I can relate to how you feel about your counselor. But, then I have a very close friend who is a psychologist and works with young folks. Her time is very important, and to her not monetarily, but it is time that she could spend with someone else. I could see her not liking at all when she has been canceled on, but then again, she would not get angry with a patient, nor allow her secreatary to do so. So the answer is ... It's time for you to see some one else.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

sorry it's a bit long new
      #274470 - 07/18/06 03:10 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

oooh that is really annoying!!
yes they should take your health into consideration and it's just one of those irritating things that because you called on the same day as your appointment they call it a no-show which is just utterly ridiculous cos how are you to know the day before that you're going to be ill? grrrrrr
So I don't know how things work in America- I'm assuming that's where you are, but are you paying for this councillor or is it a referral from a GP? if you're paying then I'd suggest giving it one more go cos it might end up that you actually really like her- I know it sucks but she may have had to put you down as a no show because of policy even tho she herself thinks it's not fair.
The secretary- hmmmm yes -some of them- can be ratty and irritable but can't we all? maybe she was just having one of those days so try not to take it to heart... on the other hand she may just be a mean old lady in which case smile your sweetest smile when you see her and tell her you're really sorry you couldn't make it .....Niceness totally wins hehee in most cases people will relent.
And that's all I can suggest I think for now if I think of anything else I will write back- I've been to see a councillor when I was 16 and they're all usually really nice and understanding so stick with it I really think it'll be worth it!
hope everything goes better next time
Godbless
Vicky
xxx

Re: This is hard new
      #274518 - 07/18/06 09:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I can also see it from both sides as I also work for a doctor and no show appts are a problem. However, your counselor needs to cut you some slack given your medical problems. I would ask the secretary to have the dr call you when she has a few minutes and see what can be worked out. Maybe try scheduling for the last appt of the day, that way you have more time to get stable during the day and if you do have to cancel, it won't leave a big hole in her schedule, she could leave early if she wanted to.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1151

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review