All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
If only we could preserve those pregnancy hormones for all the IBS'ers out there!
      #273524 - 07/11/06 12:17 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am telling you guys I am loving being pregnant because #1 I can't wait to have another baby but #2 my tummy has been sooooooooo good! I have eaten things that I have not eaten in over 2 years!!! I ate some of my mom's apple pie a few days ago. Man I missed that. I have eaten corn on the cobb and spare ribs. I just keep thinking I am going to end up with an attack and low and behold I have been good. Now if we could only find a way to produce those hormones for our tummies that wouldn't also give us morning sickness, tiredness, irritability and for those who wouldn't want it at the time an actual baby. It is going to be so hard to go back to reality after the baby is born and my tummy goes back to the way it was! Hope that doesn't sound too weird. If is does then well I'll just blame it on the hormones!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: If only we could preserve those pregnancy hormones for all the IBS'ers out there! new
      #273530 - 07/11/06 12:28 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Lucky you. Mine hasn't been too great . I did have a little ice cream the other day with no problem but if I eat any thing too fatty then my back starts hurting and I can't move without being in pain. It's weird. I thought at first I was dehydrated but it seems it has more to do with what I eat. I won't start my whinning here too much but lets just say I am having trouble finding things to eat. Now with Zoe it was wonderful and it pretty much continued to be better until I go pregnant again. Go figure.

Anyways, enjoy away .

Re: Oh yeah, girl! I was the same way! new
      #273532 - 07/11/06 12:31 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I ate all the cheese and steak and salads I could get. YUM!
Enjoy!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: If only we could preserve those pregnancy hormones for all the IBS'ers out there! new
      #273536 - 07/11/06 12:41 PM
Angela E.

Oh I am sorry yours isn't behaving Heidi! I guess I forgot that everyone is different and not all have the same expereience as I have. Mine wasn't good in the beginning but now it is so much better. I hope that you find some things to eat. You need to feed that baby boy! Believe you me they eat like crazy!!

#273537 - 07/11/06 12:43 PM
Angela E.

Thanks Alicia! It's nice to see you! You know actually I don't like steak all that much. Never have. I think its because it has always bothered me. I did have a bite a few weeks ago of hubby's prime rib. As for cheese I am still nervous with that. I have taken a few bites here and there but that really C's me up and since pregnancy already does that I am not into causing more problems there. Now for the other things I will eat away until I can't!!!

#273540 - 07/11/06 12:48 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Actually 20 weeks is when I started feeling better so that will be Friday. I did have a stomach bug 2 weeks ago and so I think I still have anxiety about it. If the girls didn't have soccer twice a week, I would probably try more things but since I had what I thought was an attack at Meike's game (Thank God the bathroom was right there) I have to deal with that every game. They only had a game last Thursday so I have only been to one game since then. Thursday I will most likely come home and pig out though lol. Nights have always been very difficult for me. They are almost worse than mornings if you can believe that.

#273563 - 07/11/06 01:12 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Angela, it's great to hear your tummy has been so good! I was too nauseous while I was pregnant to experiment with too much food. Who knows, maybe your tummy will stay "good" even after the baby is born?!!

Heidi, I hope hitting the 20week mark will calm your tummy down!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Been there! new
      #273583 - 07/11/06 04:19 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I ate fruit like it was going out of style, milk, icecream, veggies (raw)...ughhhh I miss being pregnant for that reason too. Only though so I could eat. Don't want another child. Done, done, done. Have two boys and am completely satisfied with what God gave me. They are now 11 & 8 and pretty much maitenance free. Enjoy those younger years though Angela! They go soooooooooooooo fast.

Glad your feeling great!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#276176 - 07/29/06 12:49 AM
tblassingame

Reged: 07/28/06
Loc: NE Texas

Did you use any medications to help you with your IBS and OCD while pregnant? I take Prozac adn Levbid but can't decide whether to stay on them when/if I get pregnant. We are trying now, but I am worried about fetal malformations?

#276179 - 07/29/06 05:40 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

My understanding is that you're not supposed to use antispasmodics like Levbid during pregnancy. I am still taking my Nexium, which I guess is vaguely controversial but none of my doctors have had an issue with. But I'm not taking anything else right now.

chinagrl new
      #276233 - 07/29/06 06:32 PM
tblassingame

Reged: 07/28/06
Loc: NE Texas

Did anyone ever tell you WHY using an antispasmodic isn't good to take if pregnant?

Re: chinagrl new
      #276265 - 07/30/06 06:12 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

It increases the heartbeat of the fetus. It also causes constipation, which is already a problem during pregnancy and in my opinion, one I don't want to exacerbate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1550 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2291

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review