Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bucospan new
      #272984 - 07/07/06 03:57 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Sinead,

Sorry to hear you had such bad cramps when you were out for a meal with your clients, that sucks.
But very good to hear that Bucospan works so well for you, that's awesome!
When I went to the GI doc in England that I really liked (at Farnborough), he gave me a prescription for it and said to only use it for when I was getting these really bad pain attacks. I only take them for really bad pain, but they are definitely the best things I have ever found. They tend to make me really sleepy, though.. does this happen to you?
I thought it was just a prescription drug, I didn't realise you could get it OTC. I have been so strict with only taking it when I really, really need it.. I wonder if I can it here.. Hmmm...

Anyway, sorry to hear you are hungover and hope you are feeling better by the time you read this!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I love it new
      #273002 - 07/07/06 06:25 PM

Unregistered

You guys crack me up!

I think we're onto something here with the non-IBS safe get togethers. Pack the immodium and let's have a good time daring people to eat really yummy things! The IBS Rebels...has a nice ring to it

THE IBS REBELS... new
      #273042 - 07/08/06 12:10 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Yes....I thought so too....lol....so who wants to be in our gang hey??? hehe

I think a virtual get together might be on the cards....order me a nice hot chocolate fudge melting middle pudding with a dollop of luxury vanilla icecream!

--------------------
Natalie

OOh a low blow Nat.... new
      #273044 - 07/08/06 03:09 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Although I don't make much secret of my cheating. I even wrote rules of cheating remember! I can cope with a little of some bad desserts as long as I am very safe for starter and mostly safe for dessert. Crumbles don't give me a problem but cream based thing make me stink!

mmm banoffee. I am good though..I scrape most of the cream off it....mmm. I have a chocolate biscuit cake in the fridge...and I THINK that I can make a safe one, I have to try subbing egg whites for the eggs in it, I'll try it during the week and if it's good I will post it as it is an absolute yumtastic treat..can you eat Rich Tea biccies?

--------------------
S.

Re: Bucospan new
      #273045 - 07/08/06 03:14 AM
cailin

Hey Stephie
yes I agree I only take it for really sharp pain and cramps, not for regular unhappiness but it really is my wonder drug. The website says that it's available in Canada I do think that it used to be prescription only in UK but I definitely got it off the shelf in Boots in Stansted airport. I think it's prescription only here.

It def didn't make me sleepy, I stayed out til almost midnight! Maybe it doesn't just relax your gut but all of you. It says on it if taking every day for more than two weeks to consult your doctor but like I said I keep mine for emergencies, I probably take it once a month (i bought the pack in January)

My tummy still isn't right today and I tweaked my back painting my toenails the other night so it was kinda sore and when I was washing up last night something else cracked so I was going around like an 80year old last night. I went to bed with a hot water bottle but had lower back and shoulder pain and my tummy too so I was very confused as to where deserved the heat most! My back is better today thankfully but I need to be careful I think.

Talk later honies!

--------------------
S.

Used to live off rich teas... new
      #273051 - 07/08/06 04:40 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I once ate a whole pack...used to do it all the time in 2nd year...they were my safe treat all the time....don'bt bother me at all..if anything they make me better!! Calories become horrific though so i stopped my obsession....must be over a year since I last had one!

--------------------
Natalie

Excellent! new
      #273057 - 07/08/06 07:08 AM
cailin

Yeah I can eat them fine too and they have the sugar/bland combination that soothes my tummy. I'll try the recipe with egg whites before posting.

Rotten day here, cold and wet, and I have to head to my friend's birthday party, an hour and a half drive...and an early start for it. Am still wrecked and tummy not thrilled with itself at all. Must be more sensible!

Will be back tomorrow afternoon so will check in on everyone then

--------------------
S.

Re: Excellent! new
      #273072 - 07/08/06 09:06 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

sorry u had a bad bit of a day sinead, glad its getting better. Sending u big huggles.

I`m like you nat I`ve only just started going on the tram (but luckily I drive so its not too bad a thing) and have recently started going out for meals. If i take a few imodium I can usually get through the attacks ok!

Jo

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

No no no girls, bourbons are the way to go!!!! new
      #273198 - 07/09/06 01:25 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

I keep the rich teas for random attacks on the biscuit tin the rich tea fingers are only 22 calories each but am afraid bourbons are my daily treat, and they dont contain milk which is ofcourse is an added bonus! lets not go into the fat content and ruin things for me!!
I'm really disgusting with them aswell I have to take them apart and eat them bit by bit, my mum says I haven't changed since I was a child, my grandad used to leave the room when I was eating a jam tart or worse a kit kat!
You guys looked like you had great fun on your meal out, I'm from the UK I demand an invite to the naughty party next time lol

Re: No no no girls, bourbons are the way to go!!!! new
      #273203 - 07/09/06 01:50 PM
cailin

LOL you realise that there's no such thing as bourbon creams in the US so all our American friends will think you are talking about whiskey I used to eat twixs and double deckers like that..mmm all the different bits. We always buy custard cream type biccies on holidays to have in our hotel and remember how yum they are but never buy them at home.

Nelly came to Ireland last August and Nat flew over from Liverpool so we had the "Dublin Summer Shindig" in my neighbourhood. There's none planned for this year (yet) but we do have a lot of new UK people, tons more than last year so you never do know what will happen. Rest assured if there is a UK meet up there will be an open invite.

For more photos of last year's get together check these out:
photos1
Photos 2

Photos 3

I can also testify that poor Nat really suffered after the dessert, we all ate so recklessly!

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2899 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5375

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review