All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
destination wedding
      #272282 - 07/03/06 08:32 AM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

hey everyone! i got engaged about a week ago for my 31st birthday!! totally excited! i just have a question...we are doing a destination wedding and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas. we want to do a beach wedding at sunset. i know the sandals resorts have fun places and if you stay at the resort for 7 nights you get your wedding package free AND they plan everything for you. does anyone have any other suggestions? just keeping my options open! any input would be great!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: destination wedding new
      #272285 - 07/03/06 08:38 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Congratulations! A beach wedding sounds very romantic. There's a resort called Atlantis or something like that where Rob and Amber from Survivor got married and it looked very beautiful.

#272322 - 07/03/06 01:05 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Not sure how.. umm... openminded you guys are but if the idea of nude beaches sounds fun there is the Hedonism resort I belive in Jamaca.. (Just a thought..)

#272357 - 07/03/06 05:56 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

my sister is currently planning her wedding in the Dominican. There's a package deal for the resort and meals and other places that do the arrangements for the wedding. You could do a search online.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#272367 - 07/03/06 06:31 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hmm, is that the kind of wedding picture you want to show to family, friends, in-laws, and possibly children that come along in the future?

#272464 - 07/04/06 04:19 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

First off - CONGRATS!!! I'm a newly wed myself - 1 month and 1 day!!
Second, whatever you decide, make sure you know the laws for being married there and if the marriage is legal and binding where you live when you get home. We didn't go away to get married b/c of all of the red tape involved. My boss went to the Dominican and it was beautiful, but they still had to get married by the church here to be legal!!
Good luck with your plans! Ask me on any other wedding advice!
Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#272478 - 07/04/06 06:38 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

I was in the Dominican Republic at Christmas for 2 weeks. We saw several weddings...my advice to you would be to ask if you're ok with noise/children/large resorts...We stayed in Punta Cana at a Breezes resort. They're affiliated with Hedonism and one other I can't recall. I prefer a smaller resort or hotel (this one had over 800 rooms!) The noise got to me after a while...the loud music, the constant contests, etc... I love kids, but not while I am on holiday for relaxation. This may be something to keep in mind! Make alist of what's important to you and call your travel agent...google like mad and Good Luck! Congratulations!!!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

#272627 - 07/05/06 01:27 PM
polly2004

no thanks!! LOL...i don't think our parents will go for it!

THANKS EVERYONE!! new
      #272628 - 07/05/06 01:30 PM
polly2004

thanks for all the reponses....we have been on the internet. every place all starts to blend together. we finally made the call to a travel agent. hopefully she'll be of some help. thanks for the advice and the congrats!! i'm very excited!

Re: This will probably sound stupid to many, but ... new
      #272691 - 07/05/06 05:59 PM
JanC1955

Reged: 05/18/06
Loc: Northern Nevada

Have you considered a DisneyWorld (Florida) wedding?

Believe it or not, they have some fabulous sites for weddings and a whole wedding planning department.

You can take a look here DisneyWorld Weddings.

If I were to remarry (which I probably won't), and had scads of $$$'s (which I certainly don't), I think I'd go to DW and get married like a regular princess. And I'd honeymoon at the Grand Floridian ... it's an absolutely delicious Disney property!

What fun to plan, no matter where you end up! Congratulations!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3004 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review