All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: I cant believe.... new
      #271626 - 06/29/06 12:32 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks Natalie! I feel very hopeful that this new doc will help get things under control! I called to have my old records transferred today and they didn't even ask way or anything!

I did my double dose of shots this morning and so far no more side effects than usual! Other than more bruises to add to my growing collection! I'm afraid I'm going to have to add on my "in case of emergency contact" sheet a P.S that says, NO my husband doesn't beat me and despite the needle "tracks" I'm not a junky!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This might sound strange new
      #271630 - 06/29/06 12:39 PM
michele

Thanks HoneyMix. RA is short for rheumatoid arthritis, which is an auto-immune disease. In healthy people, the immune system works to fight off infections and keep you healthy. In people with RA, our immune systems go haywire. Our immune systems can't tell foreign cells from our own bodies cells and starts attacking everything. Basically, my immune system is eating away at my body and causing everything to swell and get inflamed. Its very painful and causes deformities because it causes your bones to erode away and eats away the cartilage between your bones. It can also affect all your internal organs and eyes.

Despite having the word arthritis in the name, it not like the "regular" arthritis people think about, which is called Osteoarthritis. This happens usually from an injury to a joint or as we get older, just regular wear and tear.

Since RA stems from the immune system, things like calcium and such won't help!

--------------------

Re: Michele, that's an excellent explanation! new
      #271664 - 06/29/06 02:25 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

You have such a great way of explaining things and helping us understand RA much better. I wish I could be like this, but I get too caught up in my emotions sometimes and lose all language and communication skills.

Re: Michele, that's an excellent explanation! new
      #271668 - 06/29/06 02:36 PM
michele

Its funny, sometimes my brain is so darned muddled, I forget how to get home from work!! Other times, I just detach myself from all the emotions and try to think about things in a "real life" kind of way! Other times, I'm ALL emotions and can't even think a rational thought to save my life!

--------------------

Hurray!! new
      #271705 - 06/29/06 06:14 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I've been following your posts all week while at work, but I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to reply. I am very happy you saw this new ra dr. She sounds awesome. Now, heal that foot and lets get your body back on track!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Michelle- new
      #271753 - 06/30/06 05:01 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Tali would cheer you on... she has Juenile RA (one of my cousins..) and is now an adult and if she sticks to her regimen of exercise, diet and drugs is fine... she has a now 15 month old... so it is possible to have a child once your RA is under control... and she is doing amazingly well... but it was a hard road for her and I remember times when she was in a wheelchair and couldnt' get out of bed.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3545 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review