Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
fantastic new
      #271324 - 06/27/06 10:41 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

Even though the news wasn't 100% happy, I'm so glad that you found a doctor to really listen to you! It must feel great to have a true plan to help you get BETTER! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

this sounds wonderful! new
      #271337 - 06/28/06 06:43 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

thats why I started seeing and kept seeing DR March until she moved to CA.. she did for both me and Bill things that we needed and knew we needed but had been blown off by other docs about.... good luck and I"m glad this is so much better to know!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Thanks Everyone! new
      #271373 - 06/28/06 09:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I had yet another 12 vials of blood drawn this morning! I wish they would just put in a permanent valve! The double dose of Imuran is making me feel a bit off and is making the D worse. Funny how I've gone from a dose or two of Miralax everyday to the complete opposite!! I do my double injection tomorrow and she said to expect a whopper of a headache and maybe some nausea but I'm preparing for it and just keep telling myself that the side effects are my body killing the disease.

Forgive me for not responding to everyone, my hands are really sore. The new keyboard I ordered got put on backorder but should hopefully be in next week and I'm hoping that will make typing a bit easier for me!

Oh, and I lost another 2 pounds! Not sure how that is possible with being on the steroids but I'm really not eating much because it hurts and every thing I put in, runs right out, literally! So far, I haven't noticed any signs of the moon face or hump back that go along with the steroids. Maybe I'll actually have a tiny weeny bit of luck and escape those lovely side effects!! Not likely, but one can hope!

Love and Hugs to everyone!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Had a GREAT doctors appt this morning! new
      #271383 - 06/28/06 09:59 AM
asianrei

Reged: 05/19/06
Loc: Flordia

Hi Michele,

You look wonderful and You made me feel grateful for my condition. Currently, I am trying to lose weight so won't become a diabetic.

keep it up. You will be fine at the end.

--------------------
Had my IBS since 2001 after 9/11

Okay, I'm gonna say the L word ... new
      #271464 - 06/28/06 05:29 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Lawsuit? Michele, maybe you think I'm jumping the gun here (I am studying for the bar and it's all I can think about) but I would talk to a lawyer in Michigan and get some advice. If your first doctor was unreasonable in his failure to properly diagnose you (missed something a reasonably prudent doctor wouldn't have missed), and that failure was responsible for your increased pain and suffering ... well a Michigan lawyer would know better but I think you might have a case. At least, you might have enough of a case to scare the doctor into settling. A little bit of extra money could be so nice ... might even help you pay for costs of adoption if you decide to go that route. Just a tought, babe, since you've kept such careful records.

I'm so happy for you that you got the validation you were looking for. I am sure you're on your way to feeling better!

xo,
Amanda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Ya know, that's not such a bad idea. I'd look into it. *nt new
      #271467 - 06/28/06 05:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Thanks Everyone! new
      #271515 - 06/29/06 05:36 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Just read your posts and wanted to say I am so sorry for your broken foot! How awful! But you did look very pretty in your picture, including your toes! I am also glad you found a new doc and won't be seeing this other one. It sounds like she knows what she wants to do to try and help you. THat's always a good first step. Hang in there and know that I am always here. Just a phone call away!!

Re: Okay, I'm gonna say the L word ... new
      #271552 - 06/29/06 08:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have considered this. The doc I really blame for not diagnoses the auto-immune issue are the first RE that I saw. The one that made me go through all the fertility treatments that I didn't need! Although it is documented that I called 4-5 times while I was under her care with complaints of bursitis, tendinitis and uveitis, at that time most of my blood work was relatively normal. I did complain to her about the swelling and pain but she blew it off as a side effect of the hormone treatments.

Since her speciality is reproductive endocrinology, I guess I'm not sure how much I can hold her liable. Even though I was seeing her for several, unexplained miscarriages that we now know were from the RA.

Even the first 3 times I saw the rheumy, which I went to on my own accord, not a referral from her, didn't diagnose RA because my blood antibody was negative. I do have the records that I called him like once a week and was in his office every 2-3 weeks for months because the pain and swelling was so bad before he bothered to do any treatment. Its not like he gave me the WRONG treatment, he was just very slow to treat and didn't give me high enough doses of the medications to be effective for as bad as my disease is.

I've never been big into lawsuits however, the thought of the money for adoption is a hard one to resist. I think I will talk to Will some more about it and ask the new rheumy when I see her again in a few weeks.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: This might sound strange new
      #271607 - 06/29/06 11:31 AM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

But when you were a kid did you drink alot of milk? I think alot of us know that calcium helps build strong bones. I don't really know what RA is but I hope it will go away because I want you to have some real babies to!

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

I cant believe.... new
      #271608 - 06/29/06 11:52 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

the way that theyve treated you either....Im just soooooooooooooo glad that something is FINALLY being done about all of this and I HOPE that it brings you the painfree happy life that you so deserve!! I want you to know that I like everyone else is hear for you to vent to whenever you are going through the tough times that she said will follow once you start treatment and Im sending all my love!! So glad you saw a good doc....when you find one its like you've just found a rare diamond isnt it??!!

Fingers crossed things will only get better and just so sorry none of this has happened any sooner!

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2089 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review