All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Okay, the much anticipated post about my TRIP! new
      #270857 - 06/24/06 08:56 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh my goodness.. that was like a European power hour!! I can understand why you are exhausted.. 8 countries in 13 days.. thats NUTS!!

It looks amazing though and like so much fun!! I'd love to do something like that, because i've never been to any of those places. I'm dying to go to Italy, Spain and Greece. Hopefully someday. It would also be fun to go to Germany/Austria/Sweden as well though considering that is my heritage.

WOW!! Great trip.. thanks for sharing the photos.. it looks like fun! Did you have time to relax and enjoy yourself?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Gorgeous pics! new
      #270861 - 06/24/06 11:01 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

You got some really amazing shots! They look fantastic! Sorry to hear you weren't well, but it seems like you enjoyed yourself, anyway!

You're very pretty, too!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Sinead new
      #270863 - 06/25/06 03:37 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I think tours are great when you want to get a lot done in a short time, we did one in Peru. Also great when there are language barriers I think.

I haven't been to Germany at all nor Switzerland, Austria. They are on my list for weekend breaks so they are so close. I love Italy and Venice is one of my favourite places on the planet!

--------------------
S.

Mrs. Yamin new
      #270870 - 06/25/06 06:42 AM

Unregistered

By the way, I think it's great that our "couple week" names have lived on so long

But yeah it was really busy and we were getting up at like 5:45 or 6 every morning and hitting the pillows aroung midnight (it's like up your way where it stays light outside until like 10pm and the sun is coming up at like 5:30 am) so we had the longest days which was good.

I've been using the whole past week to catch up on my sleep and I think I'm finally back to normal now. I knew going in that this wasn't a "vacation" trip and I was not mistaken

You should definitely go when you get the chance. I am still really wanting to go to Greece and Spain. And at some point I want to go through eastern Europe (Prague and Russia and the Czech Republic..that sorta thing) and Egypt too at some point. It was great though to go to the countries of our heritage (we're French and German and English).

Feel free to print out my picture and show to our husband when you see him

Re: Gorgeous pics! new
      #270871 - 06/25/06 06:45 AM

Unregistered

Haha you are too nice!! It was hard to feel pretty after hours on end in a bus and a limited travel wardrobe

It definitely was a fantastic time though and I managed to enjoy myself despite how I felt.

Thanks! and I'll need the luck with the job search! -n/t new
      #270873 - 06/25/06 06:46 AM

Unregistered

Re: Sinead new
      #270874 - 06/25/06 06:50 AM

Unregistered

Yeah the tour was great with the language barriers too. I only speak a little of the languages so it was great to let other people deal with it.

I love that Germany and Austria can be a weekend trip for you all You'll love all of those countries I'm sure. They were just so beautiful and the scenery changed constantly. We were only in western Germany which I think is probably the better part to see if you only have a short time.

And Italy is hard to beat - seriously my heart hurts every time I think of Florence And it's hard to not like Venice, it has to be one of the strangest and most interesting places ever.

Awesome !!!! -nt- new
      #270877 - 06/25/06 07:41 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Mrs. Yamin new
      #270880 - 06/25/06 08:04 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

haha I know.. its funny how these names were supposed to be a temporary thing, and they've lasted awhile! Oh well, I like them! They are cute and catchy!

Anyways, the concert is july 9th and hopefully i'll be able to get up close and personal with Elliot. It's doubtful, but if I do, i'll give him your number as well

Also, I keep iming you.. you have to teach me how to make a tank top.. I have GOT to get decked out in elliot-wear for the concert so drop me some info if you get a chance!

I'm glad the trip was fun.. it looks awesome even though it was tiring.

--------------------

Re: Mrs. Yamin new
      #270883 - 06/25/06 08:19 AM

Unregistered

I love that the subject line doesn't have to change...it works both ways! And you can DEFINITELY hook Elliot up with my digits (do people call them digits anymore??)

As for the shirt I will share my knowledge. You just need some hardware store lacquer thinner, a wooden spoon, and a crappy grocery store quality copy machine (for the carbon - so no fancy high-tech laser prints). And I really think you need some fabric glue and rhinestones..I had no time to glam yours up.

I'll fill you in more later!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1048 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8285

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review