All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
would just like someone to talk to
      #270154 - 06/19/06 07:15 PM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

I have had a really hard time since christmas.I just woke up three days before christmas and I was ill beyond my imagination!I have never experienced such pain.I've even went through childbirth and still the pain was more than I could bear.I spent christmas on my bathroom floor crying in pain while my son and boyfriend opened presents.I don't remember much from those agonizing weeks.The doctors kept sending me home telling me that I had the flu.Finally I was hospitalized for 4 days undergoing ever test possible. Two weeks later my doctor told me I had ibs.I'm still trying to get my life back in order.My health has suffered since christmas.I lost a total of 40 pounds during these past months(not intentional)and I have had a number of illnesses to go along with it.I find this very hard because no one understands me and my situation my family is not very simpathetic.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: would just like someone to talk to new
      #270157 - 06/19/06 07:32 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi Sarah,
You've come to the right place. I'm new to the boards as well and know that there are alot of understanding people here. You are absolutely not alone and I think once you read a few of the other messages, you'll feel right at home.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#270159 - 06/19/06 07:43 PM
sarah123

Thank you so much for responding to me I often feel like I'm kind of on my own planet.People in my family don't know how to talk to me about this so we say nothing.I'm tired of trying to make people understand.I'm glad that finally there are people I can talk to!

#270161 - 06/19/06 07:58 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hi Sarah welcome to the boards. Have you started on Heather's diet yet? I'd recommend getting familiarized with the info on the website, and get the book IBS the First Year. I hope you start to feel better soon.

thank you new
      #270163 - 06/19/06 08:06 PM
sarah123

Thank you,I have started her program but my health got so bad because I couldn't eat because I was so sick. My doctor told me I was close to being malnourished and I have been working hard to get my body well again.I still have a way to go but I have faith in myself and I am determined to be normal again.

Re: thank you new
      #270170 - 06/19/06 08:41 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

That's a good attitude to have. You might also want to look into taking a probiotic too if you're not doing that already.

#270197 - 06/20/06 07:33 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Welcome. People here are great. I don't have too many problems with people understanding. I live at a retirement home with 35 people. They see me practically crawling out of the bathroom, white as a sheet, hair stuck to my head with sweat, and moaning. (I have also heard people in the hall saying "Ooooh, what is that smell?" (well, if you don't know I ain't telling ya ....)
You can talk about anything here and someone has been through it. Welcome to your IBS home.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#270200 - 06/20/06 07:39 AM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

welcome to the boards!! i know exactly what you are going through. my family and friends were not very supportive either. i was always complaining about stomach pain, the bloatedness,etc. when i found these message boards i knew i was in the right place. everyone here is going through the same thing and no one is here to judge you, just help you!! i come here everyday at least once to feel like i'm normal and not crazy.

i'll tell you what though, doing heather's diet has been a miracle. i bought both of her books and they have helped like you wouldn't believe.

remember you have all of us to talk to...you can talk about anything here...

hang in there,
cella

Hi Sarah! new
      #270210 - 06/20/06 08:23 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Yep, honey, I know your pain too. It is worse than childbirth sometimes, and people just don't get that and just don't care, unfortunately. They'd change their tune pretty fast if they had to cope with it.

I have IBS-C which switches to IBS-D under major stress. i find if I keep my stress levels nice and low and avoid dairy pretty well, and also avoid wheat, I'm golden. My pain levels compared to this time last year are incredibly less. I still get cramps here and there, feeling the food move through the tubes, but it's usually only a few mins. before I go #2 and then I'm fine.

Probiotics helped me out a ton. So did following the diet, though I don't always stick to it-only when I feel a big episode come on and it lasts a few days.

Take care, eh! Where ya from in Canada?? I'm a proud Canuck too.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Welcome. new
      #270251 - 06/20/06 02:36 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You'll find all kinds of good info here and lots of people to help. Ask any questions you have.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#270266 - 06/20/06 04:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

welcome to the boards sweetie...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#270274 - 06/20/06 05:48 PM
DeterminedMOM

Reged: 06/17/06

Hi there. My name is Lisa and I'm very new here also. I was a mom at a young age (as was my mother) so now I am 40 and have an 18 year old daughter who is one test away (Fri.) from being officially diagnosed with IBS.

My mother has IBS but hers is very sporadic. 95% of the time she is fine & can eat whatever she wants, but the other 5% she's limited to rice and air!

My daughter is really suffering. I started out giving her all the wrong things, like watermelon. (My first post was a real freak-out message.) I've ordered some of Heather's fiber & peppermint capsules but right now she's still not feeling well at all.

Anyway, from what I've seen so far, you've got lots of good people here to talk to relieve stress--and stress is inevitable when you're a young mother of a young child. Been there, done that!

Hang in there.

#270276 - 06/20/06 06:14 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Welcome. I know what it's like to not have family support with these issues. I'm going through a rough IBS-time as well. I've surrendered to Heather's diet, though, and am feeling better rather quickly. It's just hard for me to eat in a totally different way than I was raised/programmed to eat. I'm learning that it's worth it in order to feel good and trying to encourage myself to continue.

Anyways, that's why we're here--to "talk." There are so many unique and beautiful souls here and the site is overflowing with wisdom, experience, wit and support.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4258

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review