All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
going to gastro doctor tomorrow..
      #268348 - 06/08/06 03:40 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

should i bring up these things incase theyre ibs related? my family doctor sucks lol..so i need to find a new one.. so im not sure if i should wait and get a new one or ask him about it..these are things ive been noticing alot lately so i wrote them down so i wont forget -

achy neck, back and legs..and burning sensation when touched
extreme fatigue
stiffness (i can sit for five minutes and when i get up it takes a few to feel better)
swollen achy fingers
sometimes tingly feet
some headaches
occasional weakness
sensitive eyes (when going outside)
restless legs, at night mostly..

do any of these sound ibs related? cause i dont wanna bring it up and sound stupid if its not..

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: going to gastro doctor tomorrow.. new
      #268369 - 06/08/06 05:16 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Never be afraid to ask. He's getting paid to answer your questions ... stupid or not. I have a few of those symptoms. The fatigue is the worst, and I also am stiff when I first stand up. I have got a few years on you, but I am moving like I'm 20 years older than I am. I also am achy and my legs jump at night.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#268370 - 06/08/06 05:18 PM
chely24

i dont feel like myself anymore, i hate it lol.. i have no energy at all, i can go to bed at midnight, sleep til 1 pm the next day but i wake up alot in the middle of the night, but no matter what, i still never feel wide awake, i even nap in the evenings.. if he cant help me with none of this maybe he can point me in the right direction and show me what doctor i should go see

--------------------

#268371 - 06/08/06 05:19 PM
Bollywood Pagali

Reged: 05/19/06
Loc: Utah

I'm not sure if any of these are IBS related. I'd bring these up with your Dr. in case they are symptoms of other gastro diseases.

For me, the fatigue and weakness is related to the IBS when I have an attack. I also know that I can get headachey when I don't eat becuase of the IBS. (yes, bad I know. I am working on snacks and more smaller meals.)

Are you eating ok. maybe some of these symptoms can be related to malnutrition? Others who know IBS better than I can advise you on this better.

Even if you do not tell your gastro about these symptoms, be sure to tell your General practictioner (or who ever you go to on regular basis.)

--------------------
~M~
ibs -a, bloating, gas, & spasms

#268372 - 06/08/06 05:20 PM
chely24

I only eat once a day because everytime I do eat, i have to run.. so im sure that has something to do with it.. i look horrible anymore, i have dry skin, big dark circles.. im trying to find which foods work for me so it may take a while..

--------------------

#268390 - 06/08/06 06:31 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I am in the same boat as you with the fatigue! I go to bed around 10 usually since that is when my fiance does. He works at 5am. But, I sleep until 8 or 9 and wake up horribly exhausted. Even if I sleep less, I am so tired... this might be related to my Lexapro, because I have so many vivid dreams I am always waking up. But, I hate this tired feeling. it leaves my belly horrible and makes working so difficult. I can't call in and say "I'm tired"...you know? It's so frustrating! We have so much in common and if you ever want to e-mail me, remember I'm the one in Columbus, feel free! Otherwise, talk to your doc about everything. I once had a horrible doc who wanted me out of the door ASAP and really rushed me...so I began making a list and just saying "I have a few more things" and asked him abotu everything! Even if they can't help, they should care enough to listen... every little thing our bodies feel worries us... we have enough belly issues as is! I hope you start feeling better soon! And just know a bunch of us truly do care and understand! Hang in there!

--------------------
IBS-A

#268391 - 06/08/06 06:36 PM
chely24

thanks so much!!! i'll definitely email you sometime! (is your email on your profile?) you can email me anytime too at gottahavefaith24@sbcglobal.net i'd love to hear from you and talk more

--------------------

#268464 - 06/09/06 07:51 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

My biggest trigger is eating too much at one sitting, especiallky if my stomach is empty. Try eating little bits all day. My dr. said 6 meals a day. I can't do that where i live, but I do eat less at a sitting now and save dessert for a later snack. I love to snack anyway, so that is no problem.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

update.. new
      #268496 - 06/09/06 09:50 AM
chely24

I just got home from my doctor.. hes leaving in a month so today was my last day seeing him he said my ibs is really severe and he gave me a anti depressant, he said it will help my stomach.. he gave me only 10 mg..so it wont react as that but just help my stomach (amitriptyline) anyone ever heard of it?? .. i also told him about the ibs diet and he was asking me the website and i couldnt think of it!! lol.. so i told him to do a search and type in 'heather's ibs diet' so i hope it comes up for him!! he was asking all kinds of questions and said if he likes it, hes gonna recommend it to all of his patients. he also said he'd write me a letter for ssi to try and help me get on it, i didnt even have to ask him, so i was so happy when he said that. i showed him my list of stuff going on with me.. he wants me to have my thyroid checked to see the levels and if thats normal, he mentioned it might be fibromyalgia .. so hopefully if it is, it wont get so bad..so he told me to tell my family doctor to send me to a rheumatologist, not sure if thats the word or not.. but theres my update!

--------------------

Re: update.. new
      #268498 - 06/09/06 10:32 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I found that taking a low dosage antidepressant really helped my IBS stabilie chely, hope it does the same for you.

--------------------
S.

Re: update.. new
      #268515 - 06/09/06 12:39 PM
chely24

thanks!! it doesnt make u feel any different or anything? im so nervous about taking pills

--------------------

chely new
      #268518 - 06/09/06 01:35 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

i was going to say it xounded like fibro too, before today, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what that was CALLED. I hope it's not anything untreatable for your sake, but it's supposedly very common for those 2 conditions to coexist. Thankfully, not in me. But i've got my list of diseases so I'm set, LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

shannon new
      #268520 - 06/09/06 02:15 PM
chely24

I kinda figured it might be that too but i didnt wanna assume anything incase its something else.. i just hope if thats what it is.. its treatable.. ive done searches and cant find much on treatment etc.. the doctor said he thinks thats what it was, after reading everything that i wrote i was feeling.. and he said ibs is a big thing with that..

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4504 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2022

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review