Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
question re itching sensation
      #268344 - 06/08/06 03:29 PM
Bollywood Pagali

Reged: 05/19/06
Loc: Utah

Hi All,

First of all I just wanted to say thanks. I enjoy reading your posts. (I mostly lurk) But it really helps me to know that there are others out there that know excatly how I feel.

I have had some bad attacks. Yup. Summer is here to stay. The heat and humidity are doing me in. When the attacks start to die down, and the aches and spasms diminish, I get an itching sensation in those areas. It's like when I have a skin rash, but it's underneath the skin. Also there is no redness, bumps or anything resembling a skin rash. It's doesn't drive me crazy or anything. I just want to make sure it's not a symptom of anything else.

I do plan to bring this up when I go in for my physical in the next month, as well as plot a course for my IBS treatment. I'm pretty sure it's related to my IBS though as I only get this feeling in my major IBS sore spots, towards the end of an attack, and rarely, before an attack.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I tried a search using itching but I didn't find anything.

Thanks Much.

M

--------------------
~M~
ibs -a, bloating, gas, & spasms

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question re itching sensation new
      #268361 - 06/08/06 04:41 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

you mean your tummy area?

Quote:

in those areas

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

yes, itching in abdominal areas new
      #268374 - 06/08/06 05:29 PM
Bollywood Pagali

Reged: 05/19/06
Loc: Utah

Sorry.

I forgot that I can and need to be specific. Yes. I find that I have four or five areas on my stomach that are really sensitive and hurt a lot when I have an attack. When the attack lessens, these are the spots that itch.

For me they are upper right (most sensistive, most itchy) underneath the ribs, upper left on the opposite that one. then I have a couple of spots in the lower abdomin. (these are kind of between the belly button and the hip bone. one one each side and then a spot in the lower middle abdominal area that not as sensitive as the others.) It's hard to describe where the spots are, without showing

I wonder if I am reading the lessing of the spasms as an "itch".

--------------------
~M~
ibs -a, bloating, gas, & spasms

Yeah, I get "itchy guts" all the time! new
      #268395 - 06/08/06 07:40 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I've never related them to the IBS but it often feels like my lungs(aka small intestine) are itchy. It's maddening! Hard to scratch that, right?

Itching is a low grade pain sensation,so that makes sense.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1150 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 812

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review