All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
woohoo!!!! Guess what...
      #267427 - 06/03/06 01:42 PM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I had an interview today and after a tricky start (interviewer got times wrong and she turned up half an hour late, my ibs flared up etc etc etc) it seemed to go o.k. She said she would let me know tues as she had more people to interview.

I spent the rest of the day in the garden (I am burnt...english sunworshiper for you)and had an ibs friendly-ish bbq. My nana came round and she told me loads of tales about when she was my age. And they were really interesting - will save ALL them for another time.

Annyway - just got a phone call to say I GOT THE JOB and she couldn`t wait till tues to tell me cos she was too excited...bless. I am ringing her on Tues to set up bank account and sort out when I start etc. I told her about my ibs too and she seemed understanding, her daughter has it.

It is working at an Asda store (owned by Wallmart) but I`m employed by someone else, and each week I get a pack on something I have to promote then I go in on sat and sun and promote it...basically talk and talk and talk...which I am so good at. Plus I don`t have to wear the minging green uniform that the asda staff do.

wooooo, just a bit nervous about leaving my current job been there nearly 5 years. I don`t want to leave and then it goes wrong and I hate the new job, plus I hope my tums ok. It is only part time to get me through uni (last yr next yr) so if I hate it and leave it won`t be too bad.

hope you are all good, sorry to ramble. I`m so excited!

Jo xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wahoooooooo congratulations... new
      #267438 - 06/03/06 02:56 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Im soooooo happy for you jo...well done...thats great! I am desperately in need of a job right now and am planning to try and line up some interviews this week and next and hopefull get fixed up with part time work....need something flexible at the minute...theres lots available in leeds....just lots of students too...so need to be quick.

And as for the sun....its been driving me loopy over here...no where to sunbathe living in a block of flats...was lying out on the courtyard today(fully clothed tho) and everyone thought we were mental! I am not feeling good enough about myself at the minute to strip off...and theres no where private....grrrrrrrrrrr

--------------------
Natalie

Re: woohoo!!!! Guess what... new
      #267446 - 06/03/06 04:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Congrats that is so exciting...sounds like from the get go this is going to be a great job!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Oh well done you!! new
      #267447 - 06/03/06 04:23 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

You see, we told you it was gonna be fine! I'm really proud of you - particularly handling you tum when the woman was late.

What's really weird is that I was told about a job working at, but not for, an ASDA last week - working for Hallmark cards, just a few hours a week, coming in whatever time I wanted (24hr ASDA) for 2 hours, just to tidy up the stock and order more, etc. Would've gone for it if the whole family crisis thing hadn't kicked off...

I'm so chuffed for you babe - WELL DONE YOU!!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Oh well done you!! new
      #267523 - 06/04/06 10:36 AM
pinkprincess

Thanks guys, I handed in my notice today - feels sureal though. Not seen the manager yet though and all the people that I get on with best are yet to find out...I have to tell them tomorrow but I`m still excited.

Blondie that sounded really good but don`t worry about it cos family definately come first. I recon you sould have more sesions and when you are even better than you are get something similar....there are loads of jobs on the net at the mo, especially part time ones.

Nat - sunbathing on concerete made me giggle. I was in my back garden, twas fun but I think I`d prefer to be on hol (not fair - not going until summer 2007 now...urrrrrrrrgh)

shell - it does sound like a good job but I am stil really nervous. I`ve done this before (handed in my notice then changed my mind) and people at work today kept saying what if you hate it. Guess I could just always leave and go somewhere else.

My tum is a mess today so its not helping me

tell u more on tue when I find out

jo xx

--------------------

Congrats! Awesome! -nt- new
      #267547 - 06/04/06 01:53 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Congrats! Awesome! -nt- new
      #267700 - 06/05/06 09:57 AM
pinkprincess

as you know im having my camera down my throat on june 28th (a weds) but i should be working at the weekends either side of it in my new job and I`m supposed to start eating wheat two weeks before. what should i do? cos it might make me really ill and mean i will have to go to the loo loads...should I tell the woman now? she has offered me the job but i don`t want her to say well we can`t have you then...i don`t no what to do. urrrrrrrrgh jox

--------------------

Congratulations and good luck! -nt- new
      #267705 - 06/05/06 10:24 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Congrats! Awesome! -nt- new
      #267835 - 06/06/06 07:11 AM
pinkprincess

I spoke to my new boss today; I am now having training on 17th June and I start properly on the 1st July instead of this saturday (which means I start after my endoscopy )I only have to handle the wheat eating thing at my old job now(as I`m there till 26th June) and on my training day . I still don`t know anything about my training i.e. what time or what I am doing EXACTLY in my job as the woman is really dizzy and disorganised...its not helping! I`m a stress head

I`m stressing cos I have sooooooo much to do and think about. It is all happening at once: i`m nervous, excited, feel sick, anxious (sp!) all rolled into one.... and I`m spotty on top of all that!

oh and I need your advice: I keep getting offered interviews for other jobs but I keep saying no. Do you think I should go for them even though I know I will turn them down if I got offered the job. Or should I just say no then if I dislike my new job start looking again?

My ibs keeps flaring up cos I`m a worry and stress head.

I`ve got loads to sort out for uni too (i.e: 15 books to read over the summer )

i need to write a long to do list. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

I`m all of a mither cos the job I am leaving is the oly job I have ever had (got it just before I turned 16)

I know my problems not half as bad as others at the mo BUT help!!!!!!

hope you are all ok. Hugs.
Jo xx

--------------------

Re: woohoo!!!! Guess what... new
      #267838 - 06/06/06 07:39 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

that's brilliant!!
I just replied to your message on the eating board then came here and saw your job message.
that's such great news and it's sounds like a really cool job too
well done
xxxxxx

Yayyyyyyyyyy new
      #267943 - 06/06/06 03:29 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

that's great Jo, congrats. Dying to hear what products you get to promote from week to week. Great timing too.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3447 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2296

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review