All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heard back about job interview
      #266331 - 05/30/06 08:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

To make a long story short I didn't get it because they hired internally. The head hunter was so mad that they had all those interviews when they knew they were going to hire someone there. Grrrrr..

Good news though. They were very impressed with me so the head hunter is submitting my resume for another job that pays the same with different company.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heard back about job interview new
      #266332 - 05/30/06 08:25 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Well, shoot!

But good luck with the other company!

Re: That's pants!! new
      #266334 - 05/30/06 08:28 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I hate it when companies do that - it's just plain wrong. Grrrr.... They just need to be seen to go through the motions, it must drive recruitment agencies crazy too.

But at least everyone was so impressed - this other job might be a million times better than the other one anyway! You're a great person, and I just know you'll end up with the perfect job for you... Who wants to work for a company who does stupid things like that anyhow?

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#266335 - 05/30/06 08:31 AM
Sara-Sage

I know, why do companies do that? And from what I understand, they had LOTS of applicants. No wonder the interviewer was so nice and relaxed. She knew they already had someone to do the job internally. Grrrrrrr.

I am not going to get my hopes up with this other company. With the wedding so close, I don't feel like playing these games. I'm tempted to just wait for my job search until I get back from the honeymoon. But we'll see what happens with this other job.

#266336 - 05/30/06 08:37 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I think they have to advertise for legal reasons in some cases. I used to know the "whys and wherefores" for it, but I don't remember anymore. I find it just as annoying as a resume going into a black hole and never even getting the rejection letter.

Job hunting's such a chore, but I know something will come through for you soon!

#266339 - 05/30/06 08:53 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Janna and yes it's SUCH a chore. The games employers play. Ugh!

I hope to get a job by July!

Re: Heard back about job interview new
      #266539 - 05/30/06 07:50 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Something will come along. I hope you get something you can enjoy.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Like the new pic!-nt- new
      #266646 - 05/31/06 10:18 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Grrr, my company does that too... new
      #266680 - 05/31/06 11:29 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

And I really don't see the point at all. I mean, if you have enough qualified people applying from within the company, why even offer it up to other people so they can go through the whole process with you when they could be applying somewhere else?

At my company, I am part-time and if I want to go up to full-time (which I do) I have to go online and submit a cover letter and "apply" for the job. At the same time, Adrian has quit his job and I said my place is a good place to work, so he applied. I then realised that we had basically both applied for the same job, how stupid is that? It's the same job I am already doing EXACTLY but with guarunteed hours!
Anyway, they DID hire internally so Adrian didn't even get an interview and I didn't get it because my sales numbers aren't high enough (which is a whole other drama I have at work right now!) so they gave it to new hire people who are still in training and haven't even worked their first shift, grrrr!

It doesn't make any sense to me, so I can see why you would be frustrated.
I'm really sorry that the job didn't work out for you, I know you thought it sounded like a good fit for you. Hopefully the other one that they sent your info off for will come through. If not, I'm sure something else will.
I know it's really hard to find a job when you move, no matter how qualified for it you might be.. Hang in there, though, something will come up!

Cheers!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Grrr, my company does that too... new
      #266702 - 05/31/06 01:15 PM
Sara-Sage

Wow that's nuts Steph. Boo.

I'm not worried, it's only my first interview. I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 844 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1520

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review