All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Where to start?
      #266241 - 05/29/06 05:37 PM
aross

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Alabama

I am new to this website. I have posted some questions already and the responses have been great. I have had IBS for 14 years and crazy as it sounds I have just learned to deal with it with whatever I eat. When I eat something that brings on an attack...I avoid it. I guess you can say trial and error. I have ordered Heather's book and am looking forward to reading it. I am just feeling overwhelmed by all this information and wonder where is the best place to start my new (or should I say altered) lifestyle? I am an IBS-C and D and have been on meds on and off for the entire 14 years. To be quite honest, I usually go without eating just to avoid attacks. Maybe I am just tired of watching everyone else eat things they enjoy and never worrying about it. I too get anxious when going on extended vacations or holidays when I am not responsible for cooking. Just need advice on how to not get too overwhelmed with all the information and learn as much as I can about no med treatments.

--------------------
Angela
IBS-D and C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome! new
      #266260 - 05/29/06 09:04 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Angela:

I think the most important things are:

1. Getting stable. If things are really bad (especially in the D direction) the "What to eat when you can't eat anything" diet for a few days will help that.
2. Understanding soluble vs. insoluble fiber. That was HUGE for me!
3. Integrating a soluble fiber supplement.

Information on all of those items is in Heather's books and on this site. Explore and ask lots of questions.

Good luck!

Christine

P.S. Just FYI, questions related to the IBS diet usually go in that forum. This one is usually just idle chit-chat.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Welcome! new
      #266479 - 05/30/06 04:36 PM
aross

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Alabama

Thank you so very much.

--------------------
Angela
IBS-D and C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3952 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 796

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review