All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi all
      #265796 - 05/26/06 02:59 PM
JennyS

Reged: 05/26/06

I've only just begun on the IBS journey but already I've noticed a difference since beginning to read Heather's book. (The First Year...) I actually did as suggested and ran out and bought some Chammomile and Peppermint teas before sitting down to read beyond the beginning of the first chapter. I've only just developed the problems associated with IBS in the past couple of months and was convinced that there had to be a way to control this through diet and wham! tripped over Heather's wonderful site, and thusly, her books. Of course, I'm suffering today because I just HAD to try a little bit of chinese food yesterday (beef with broccoli, peppered steak and fried rice - I didn't have enough to even fill me up, but I'm paying for it today so I won't be doing that again anytime soon).
Just wanted to say hi and love the site, it's already proved helpful, I plan on starting up the yoga routine listed here (I don't do quite all of the positions normally)
tomorrow.
FYI, I have GERD too and the Peppermint tea doesn't cause mine to act up - so don't be afraid to try it if you have acid reflux - you never know, it might not cause you any problems.
Take care all,

Jenny

PS: I'm still in the I want a CHILI CHEESE DOG phase!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Chili Cheese Dogs can still be yours (think soy) new
      #265816 - 05/26/06 04:53 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Grab some soy dog and soy chili. Yves makes both. I like to spread a little canola oil and garlic salt on the bun and toast it then add the soy dog and chili (heated, of course, and then throw on some soy shredded cheese. Soy-Sation and Veggie both make good soy cheese. And, schazam, you've got yourself a chili cheese dog! It doesn't taste exactly the same as the real thing, but they are pretty darn tasty. Welcome to the boards and the world of IBS.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Chili Cheese Dogs can still be yours (think soy) new
      #265926 - 05/27/06 02:22 PM
JennyS

Reged: 05/26/06

Thanks, I just wrote down the recipe for when I feel adventurous (and am craving chili cheese dogs).
Thankfully I'm all straightened out from the chinese food I fell for the other day. I have to say I'm really glad I read about the peppermint tea in Heather's book - it helped a ton! I just bought Eating for IBS and am trying to convince my hubby that we really need to buy an ice cream maker so I can make the sorbets. ;-)

I splurged on so many gadgets when I changed my diet. new
      #265962 - 05/27/06 05:40 PM
hohoyumyum

I was so excited when I found recipes that were good and safe that I built up the most wonderful kitchen. I have so many kitchen toys I can make almost anything. I found a lot of stuff at yard and estate sales and thrift stores. Kitchen products can be pretty pricey. You can find some good deals on eBay too.

--------------------

#266030 - 05/28/06 09:20 AM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

Now I'm carvin a chile cheese dog and chili cheese fries! Good thing there isn't a coney island in town. Unfortunately, the Co/op where I get my soy stuff is closed till tuesday.

#266058 - 05/28/06 01:31 PM
hohoyumyum

Bummer. Chili Cheese dogs on Tuesday then? My husband loves these chili cheese dogs. He doesn't have IBS (lucky man) but he prefers a lot of the foods I eat over the actual thing. And he's a vegetarian so this diet works for him too for the most part.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 887

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review