Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Keyboard idea new
      #265731 - 05/26/06 09:47 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hello again

Just an idea, but been sat thinking about keyboards, trying to imagine how you're feeling and what might help. They actually make keyboards that are actually just projectors, that project a keyboard outline in red onto your desk - they're not expensive (at least not here in the UK, which is normally a good sign!), the imagine they project is (I think) smaller than a normal keyboard, and all you have to do is touch the table where the right key is projected - you don't actually have to use any pressure to press keys etc.

Just an idea.

Ooh, also, if you have Windows XP I'm 99% sure you could set it up use voice recognition, which would keep typing to a bare minimum - you use the mouse to select where you want to type, and then just say what you want, it's pretty accurate too. All you'd need is a microphone.

Hope you start to feel better soon!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello Everyone! new
      #265738 - 05/26/06 10:26 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better! I have been worried about you! I hope that things continue to get better and know that I am always here to talk if you need to !!! Love ya!

#265741 - 05/26/06 10:57 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Good to hear from you. Glad the Enbrel is starting to help. Soon we can compare notes since I was finally able to locate it here and god-willing the approval letter from the insurance company in the next few weeks I should be good to start mid-June, July 1st at the latest. Instead it is acupuncture and massage therapy until that time. Currently we have taken me off everything...made me a bit nervous but the doctor seems to have a lot of confidence on the Enbrel being the solution. Course I still think that a Snicker's bar would be a better solution! Hmmm...maybe a slightly chilled Snickers on the back of the hands might loosen those joints up for you.

I hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy your holiday.

-Michelle

Re: Maria new
      #265753 - 05/26/06 12:37 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

YES!!! The mouse is just awful for me!! I've been "driving" with my left hand but thats getting as bad as the right!! I saw a mouse that was like the size of an egg that you hold in your palm and ckick with the palm muscles instead of fingers! I'm hoping to find a store that has it so I can try it first as it was $65.oo but so worht it if it will help!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Keyboard idea new
      #265754 - 05/26/06 12:38 PM
michele

Thanks Blondie! Luckily, very little of my "real" work is on the computer, its mostly my message boards and stuff but 5-10 minutes is all I can do before the pain is almost unbearable.

--------------------

#265755 - 05/26/06 12:44 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Michele,

Sorry that you're fingers are acting up...I hope you feel better soon And costochondritis too? Yuck...I've had that and it sucks. Take care of yourself sweetie!

I reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. nt new
      #265756 - 05/26/06 12:45 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

MICHELLE new
      #266175 - 05/29/06 09:58 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Not seen you on here for a few days...How are you? Hope you are doing ok darling. Been thinking of you
BIG HUGS
Jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Re: I'm here new
      #266370 - 05/30/06 10:30 AM
michele

I was off line for the holiday weekend and have been swamped at work this morning. I haven't had time to look at keyboards or a new mouse so its still really hard to type so I'm having to limit my responses.

I had a party on Sunday and it was really nice to visit. I haven't seen several of the friends that were over in a while and they looked a little dumb founded when I would ask for help standing up or help with getting the food out or just limping around in general. They have all been told so I'm not sure what they were expecting but it sort of made me feel bad. But, I ate a bunch of food I shouldn't have and drunk WAY more than I should of and ended up having a pretty good time anyways. Didn't move off the couch yesterday and I'm way sore and swollen from over doing everything getting ready for the party but, I pretty much knew that was going to happen! I'll try to post some pictures in the next day or two.

--------------------

Re: I'm here new
      #266378 - 05/30/06 10:51 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Aw glad you had a good time, hope you are well rested now and the sorness and swoleness has gone down.

Can I just say I think you are a remarkable person, so brave, strong and inspiring. Even though you have been through so much you always offer fantastic advise and share some great stories...anyway I just thought I`d tell you that!
can`t wait to see the photos! jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4046 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2953

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review