All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
umm.. snorkie- new
      #265442 - 05/25/06 04:49 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I used to do SCA fencing but stopped for some of what you are mentioning- then for years studied japanese martial arrts that involved swordplay... I can check with the sensei and see if there is a related dojo near you.. its a lot of fun and I found some fo the people much better.. not atthe moment- college town, I still love sensei but the current crew isn't my style, so I'll probably go back in a year or 2 when things change over again.. meanwhile I have had other focuses this year anyway!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hobbies? new
      #265448 - 05/25/06 05:10 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I am a stitcher. I cross stitch, needlepoint, white working and I really would like to learn hardanger and crewel. (I even have some starter kits)If you hand me two needles I don't know what to do with them however, and I can't sew on a machine to save my life, but I mend Thomas' work clothes. I also ride motorcycles, do aerobics and aquabics, collect frogs and keep aquariums. I dabble in everything else, but like Snorkie said, I have a small house and I am down-sizing my hobbies too. As for time? Ha ha! Good one. After 10 hrs at work, the gym / housework, I usually sit down once a week with my stitching for a good 4 hour stint on the weekend.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Snorkie, What happened to SCA fencing? -nt- new
      #265453 - 05/25/06 05:22 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

You are absolutely right, Bob. I should do it for me. And I do. I go to the event, remind myself to just have a good time as I armor up, and then I get out there and end up really frustrated with myself. Granted, I haven't been to an event over 2 years now, so perhaps it's time to give it ago again.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review