Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Hi BL new
      #265791 - 05/26/06 02:40 PM
JennyS

Reged: 05/26/06

I know what you mean by back problems. I have scoliosis
that for most is not much more than a minor annoyance - oh,
how I wish I was one of those people. Personally, yoga helps me now loads. However, years ago during a bout that was so bad I was under heavy painkillers (I was asleep for about 20 odd hours a day) and going to physical therapy during the few hours I was awake. (NOTHING is worse than having a PREGNANT physical therapist - all that extra weight!!!) ;-). You might look into massage therapy (although most insurance companies don't cover that). It's usually not that expensive and often, massage therapists give regulars a bit of a discount. It made the world of difference for me. I was up and walking for the first time (relatively pain free) in over a month.
Best of luck as ever. (I've had plantar fasceitis - sp?? - as well in both feet - no fun at all!).
Take care and keep smiling.
Jenny

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

BL new
      #265829 - 05/26/06 06:47 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Sometime I wish I could wear shoes! We're opposites! Especially when it rains or snows. All winter I wear big fuzzy socks in my Burkie's - I get a lot of odd looks. Everyone just assumes I'm an outdoor recreation student from the university!! (They wear wool socks and sandals year round too!) I miss being active most though, sitting on my duff all of the time sucks! We've gotta find a solution!! Feet transplants? My DF needs one too! He was born with club feet, both feet and his right foot is really bad. Without our feet, it's hard to do anything.
I never realized how much you take your feet for granted until you can't use them!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Hugs! I hope it works out! new
      #266079 - 05/28/06 05:02 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I can't imagine being in pain every day. Just hang in there and keep hoping and praying! I hope this shock treatment stuff comes through for you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4914 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10410

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review