All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
St. Augustine was fabulous........
      #263565 - 05/15/06 06:48 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

My friend and I had such a great time. The weather was gorgeous and I just LOVED all the history, it was amazing to me and just so beautiful. But then I'm so boring that I got a big thrill out of getting a rental car, I mean little stuff like that made me feel like a "grown up" again, I never do anything that doesn't involve kids.

I ate like an idiot and was sick on the way home but I'm okay now and gosh it was so fun. I had Cuban food!! My friend is from Puerto Rico so she introduced me to all the Spanish fare... we had empanadas, fried plantains, Sangria, I'd never had any of that, gosh it was fun. And just beautiful!! I'll post pictures when they come, I used a disposable camera because I was afraid I'd lose or break my digital one. Well, this is what I get for it - dumb CVS was supposed to have the pics and photo disc done in an hour and they won't be ready till tomorrow night! I'm so impatient with stuff like that, oh well. Eric was fine without me and the kids, too. Now next week WE ALL get to go to the beach. This is some way to start a summer, I am NOT used to this but I'll take it.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: St. Augustine was fabulous........ new
      #263589 - 05/16/06 02:43 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Sounds like you had a ball Michelle, you really deserved the break, glad it worked out for you.

--------------------
S.

I ALMOST FORGOT... my favorite part..... new
      #263594 - 05/16/06 04:39 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

On MOther's Day we ate at this seafood place on the beach, it was about 1:00 and we were like, "Is it too early for margaritas? Nah!!!!!!!!" I had ONE - ugh - big mistake, I need to learn my lesson, but ANYWAY... POINT is my friend is in her late 40's and I'm 33, okay, so when Eileen orders us margartiats the waitress looked at me and said, "Um, can I see your ID?" My friend starts cheering and clapping and laughing, the girl gets all embarrassed and says, "I'm sorry, I'm required to ask anyone who looks under 28". I just SMILED and said, "You're really shooting for a big tip, aren't ya???" Yah, that made my Mother's Day, LOL!! (I'm 33) But apparently I look younger when I've had a couple relaxing days with lots of extra sleep.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

I swear we are kindred spirits... new
      #263610 - 05/16/06 07:20 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

I didn't get carded as I am 42 but I too ate like an idiot and am paying for it now!

I was telling my hubby as we ate unlimited seafood that I was going to pay for this later and I really didn't care...between the two of us we must have eaten about 7 pounds of steamed crab legs (BIG ONES!), I ate almost a dozen oysters, we had a little crawfish ettouffe...oh and a little cantalope just to cleanse our palates.

We go to Kemah, TX every Mothers Day...Kemah is a boardwalk of lots of restaurants and little shops. Very quaint. I can't get hubby to cruise the shops with me but we did walk the boardwalk and people watch...that is always fun.

Sure enough last night my stomach started killing me and I couldn't complain because I did it to my ALL BY MYSELF! I am still hurting but I don't really care...I plan to do it again next year!

I am so glad you had a good time!

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: St. Augustine was fabulous........ new
      #263615 - 05/16/06 07:54 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh good! I'm glad that you had a fun time! It sounds so relaxing.. and thats great.

--------------------

Sounds like a dream! Glad you had so much fun!!! -nt- new
      #263675 - 05/16/06 01:13 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1050 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review