All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Yay for Target! new
      #262829 - 05/11/06 08:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I don't usually buy a lot of cloths from there but the last couple of summers, they have had a lot of drawstring drawers! Just want the bloated belly likes!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Michele new
      #262831 - 05/11/06 08:43 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

You are so lucky to be 5'8". You can wear capris, long skirts, etc. and they look good on you. All the things I love but can't wear because they make me look frumpy. I Can't be looking frumpy at 48, LOL!

--------------------
Janey

Re: No frumpy allowed! new
      #262833 - 05/11/06 08:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

You are WAY too young to be frumpy!! I do enjoy wearing long skirts to wrok but I've learned I have to be careful because I roll over them hem on them with my office chair!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: No frumpy allowed! new
      #262838 - 05/11/06 09:00 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

That's never a good thing especially if the skirt has an elastic waist. You'll be loosing your skirt in front of all your customers.

--------------------
Janey

I can only come to one conclusion ... new
      #262843 - 05/11/06 09:24 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

At some point, Janey, you must have laughed your @$$ off!

I feel ya, I really do. My waist and hips are really narrow, but my thighs have always been really big (it's muscle, not fat, I swear ... or so I tell myself). Anyway I can wear a 0 or a 2 in skirts but need a 4 and sometimes a 6 in pants from the very same store. Then the pants are too big around my waist. I'm long-waisted like Augie/Beth too, so in thise low-rise styles I'm always showing a bit of coinslot, if you know what I mean. My dress shirts never stay tucked into my pants when I wear suits. So annoying.

As for doing more situps -- that's probably not the way to go. You can't target-train fat (if only!), just muscle. In order to lose fat you have to do cardio (I know, stinky). Then you'll lose fat uniformly over your whole body. Situps will strengthen your muscles (never a bad thing) but it won't eliminate fat from your belly. What you CAN do though is build up your butt muscles so you can get a little more shape back there. An easy one is to get down on your hands and knees, and keeping your knee bent, slowly raise one knee off the ground so your thigh is parallel to the floor. Slowly bring it almost back to the ground, and then back up. Do 3 sets of 10 with each leg, 3 times a week.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Amanda.... new
      #262888 - 05/11/06 02:48 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...where do you buy your pants? Any particular brand? Since we are both small and long waisted as well.

thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Thanks Michele new
      #262889 - 05/11/06 02:51 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...actually, the pants that are currently being held together with a safety pin are the NY and Co. brand. I can't find them anymore though.

When I go to the store, all I see are low rise...and I've personally asked if they have higher waisted.

I'll try to check out the website to see if they offer more options. Thanks for the tip!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Guilty... new
      #262952 - 05/11/06 07:29 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

Though my waist is usually a size smaller in the waist, I am the same size top and bottom (size 6 or 8 depending what side of 130 lbs I am on!). However, other than my waist I have no curves...small busted...not much booty. So I supposed there may be benefits to being "without shape" but gosh....I wish I had more curves!

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

I have a friend who used to be head seamstress at greenfield village.. new
      #262988 - 05/12/06 04:55 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I have opted to start taking advantage of that and talked her into doing once a month sewing lessons.. and believe if or not I've been able to replicate the jacket we made at the first one, so I think I'll be able to do it after all!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I solve this problem with... new
      #263126 - 05/12/06 03:04 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

the A-line. Tops and dresses with empire cuts. And lots of skirts. I have the opposite problem though. Little waist, huge rear. I wear 8 on top, 12 or 14 on the bottom. I try to look at the positives of this though. I can close (and sometimes lock, LOL) any door w/o using my hands. I can knock over people that aren't nice to me by turning around when I stand next to them (again w/o the hands) and I always have padding when I fall on my butt. Sometimes a little extra jiggle can be good.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3740 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3798

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review