All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Thanks so much guys.... new
      #262847 - 05/11/06 09:48 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

that was so nice of you to support me....I did get a bit of a shock when I read that response....and you are right...it isnt anything to do with me this decision....as much as I all for the right to choose...I myself would never have an abortion and all the things which were mentioned I am well aware of and agree that it is a baby after all, no matter how many weeks...it is the most controversial subject I know and it is very hard for me right now to be supporting my friend when really I actually wish she would keep it...but ofcourse I cant say that...its her decision not mine.

Michele it never ceases to amaze me at how amazing you are at dealing with all of this....you are such a special person and so strong...I have all the admiration in the world for you...that was so nice of you to comment the way you did...I really do need this support right now. I wish more than anything that she'd give it up for adoption and you would be the first I'd want to be able to do that....unfortunately people dont consider adoption enough and as much as I've tried to tell her all the positive things about it she is adament she never would.

Everyone on this board has helped me so much with this whole situation...I could never have imagined going through all of this in the past month and I dont think I would have got through it even half as well without all of you behind me. Thanks so much for all your support....I love you all!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks so much guys.... new
      #262849 - 05/11/06 10:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thank you for the kind words but you don't have to thank me. I try to practice what I preach. You all know my stance as far as religion and things like that. I think if everyone was more kind and accepting, this world would be a much better place. You can never truly understand how someone else feels until you walk a mile in their shoes. It helps me to accept the lose of my babies if I think their passing has made me a more compassionate person and a better friend to everyone. I can only hope that your friend learns something from all of this as well.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Natalie, please read: Big {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} Nat...! new
      #262852 - 05/11/06 10:38 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Natalie,

You are such a good soul and really good friend. The way you care about other people is incredibly inspiring and your friend is so lucky you are there for her. I feel really special to be your friend and I know she does too. It's not fair that she is lashing out and being disrespectful to you and her bump right now. She's in an awful place of hurt right now and everyone's feeling the consequences of her helplessness and frustration.

She's def lost a little perspective and it doesn't help that she's making these comments and shattering people around her with them, people who otherwise are trying really hard to be a comfort to her.

Stay strong Nat and count your blessings. This is so traumatic for everyone involved. I'm so glad you have your good friends on these boards to lean on! I don't know hard life in general would be if everybody didn't have each other to lean on...!

BIG LOVE to you, Nat! I don't know what to say, but you've shown you are indeed one strong little lady. --

~nelly~

Re:Well said, Michele! Hugs to you AND Nat. new
      #262878 - 05/11/06 01:31 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You are amazing, Michele. You support a friend who is in a painful situation for you to even think of, yet you are there for her. Love ya lots!

Nat - hang in there, honey! Focus on yourself, and treat yourself well. Now would be a good time for some new nailpolish or a massage, or a nice walk or bubble bath - SOMETHING! Don't forget to take care of yourself.
Hugs, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Aww bless you... new
      #262880 - 05/11/06 02:01 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

thanks...and yea...I am thinking some kind of treat is in order very soon....once all the complications surrounding the next few weeks are well and truly sorted and over I think we are maybe planning a little weekend retreat to the countryside(wales)...my aunty has a caravan by some amazing beaches...and I will borrow mums car....I think the 4 of us are gona go and have a little mini break....much needed and much deserved me thinks

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review