All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Hugs Nat new
      #262600 - 05/10/06 03:57 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

only reading this now as had the girls over for dinner last night, hope you are OK, sorry that things are so tough at the moment.

HUGS

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE... new
      #262684 - 05/10/06 11:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Big Hugs sweetie, you truely are a good friend. Hopefully the counsler can help all of you girls deal with the situation.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Nat new
      #262777 - 05/11/06 03:41 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

How did it go at the meeting huni? Thinking of you big huggles xxx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Thanks for asking.... new
      #262794 - 05/11/06 06:23 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

really good actually...in the end we didnt go in with her...and I was so worried at the start....Im the only one whos had any kind of counselling so the others were a bit freaked out about it especially my friend whos pregnant...she was shaking and looked terrified before going in...I practically had to drag her and if it wasnt for me it wouldnt have happened. But...she is going again next week...the counsellor was great with her...really put her at ease...and made her feel so much better about the whole thing. She said she's so grateful for me taking her there and so i felt loads better after that...Ive felt a bit like the pushy friend recently...wanting to get professional help and all that...the others havent been as much so as me....which is why I know if I'd have left it to anyone else she'd have never have gone. She is going to keep going after the abortion has happened, shes got appointments lined up...so atleast she will be able to deal with whats happened properly. I know its still going to be extremely hard...but I know shes getting proper help now and hopefully she'll be on the road to recovery and back to her fun loving self soon. This has been a huge wake up call to her I think in terms of everything in her life. Shes finding it very hard breaking up with her boyfriend and when we went for a meal for the birthday yesterday she did break down afterwards and didnt want my friend whos birthday it was see her like that. Its heartbreaking watching her deal with heartbreak like this....cos she is such a vunerable and insecure person as it is. I think gradually things are going to get better...she knows its all a matter of time....

Thanks for asking...hope things are all going well with you.....

--------------------
Natalie

Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE WHATS JUST HAPPENED... new
      #262796 - 05/11/06 06:54 AM
Dawnyel419

Reged: 05/06/06

A couple months ago a pregnant woman (30-34wks) was at a party at DH's work, and she ordered an alcoholic drink. DH got soo mad, people are not very smart when it comes to being pregnant and alcohol. I grew up with Fetal Alcohol effects, and it's NOT fun, why anyone would willingly drink, knowing the risks is beyond me. Not only am I against the drinking durring pregnancy, but my husband and I have lost 3 babies, and are currently unable to get pregnant. Thinking about someone having an abortion when they got pregnant on "accident" makes me sick to my stomach. There is never a right reason for killing another human being. Babies can feel pain at just 11 weeks, and they have videos of the babies convulsing and crying. Especially when they get far enough along.. imagine having only a thin layer of skin.. say maybe after a 2nd degree burn on your whole body.. now swim in a pool of salt water and have the only skin you have, burned off your body. That's what abortions do if you are past the 3mo mark.

If you think you're old enough for sex, then you're old enough for the responsibility of sex and what comes with it.

Re:Dawnyel419 new
      #262817 - 05/11/06 08:26 AM
michele

I actually agree with pretty much everything you said. However, this board is for support. Its not Natalie who is drinking while pregnant or having an abortion, its her flatmate. Natalie doesn't approve of her friends actions either but is doing her best to be there for her friend and help her in a rough time.

I have lost 5 babies, the last a set of identical twins at 12.5 weeks just this past December. My prognosis for ever having a child is bleak. I even went as far to offer to adopt Natalie's friends baby. As much as it pains me to know she is still going to have the abortion, we need to support Natalie. If something is just too offensive for you, the best thing to do is to not respond as all. Please understand that I'm only saying this because I know that Natalie is struggling enough with this.

--------------------

Re: Thanks for asking.... new
      #262818 - 05/11/06 08:28 AM
michele

I'm glad the counselor seems to be helping the situation. Hugs to you!!

--------------------

Yup new
      #262821 - 05/11/06 08:34 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm with Michele. I'm openly pro-life, always have been, and am as sad as you are about everthing you said. But, the policy on the boards is not to engage in political or philosophical debates -- they get ugly, fast. I can recommend a few sites where you can really get into the nitty-gritty of all this if you would like. Feminists for Life is exactly what it sounds like, and I like them very much. www.feministsforlife.org . Another site is Free Republic. It's extremely right-wing and has some totally uneducated hillbillies shooting their mouths off, but for the most part has intelligent discussion by thougtful people. There are a lot of pro-life threads there that you can engage in. www.freerepublic.com .

Otherwise, as Michele said, this board is just for support, and Natalie definitely needs it right now.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Nice job looking after Nat girls new
      #262826 - 05/11/06 08:38 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

and hopefully avoided a nasty thread. That is what I thought as soon as I read the message. Oh Boy this isn't going to be good.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Nice job looking after Nat girls new
      #262845 - 05/11/06 09:38 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Yeah I agree: well said. It wasn`t Nat`s decision so don`t give her a hard time. She is a great girl and just trying to be the best friend she can to a girl who is having a hard time...don`t debate about the abortion just support Nat.

Michelle I think you handle posts like this briliantly, it can`t be easy for you huni but you always offer friendly and caring advice...your such a star.

Glad things went o.k Nat,you seem more positive now and I hope your smiling again. BIG HUGS

Jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review