All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Hubby in a horrible accident this weekend.
      #262128 - 05/07/06 03:13 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Mark left Sat. morning to go shopping for some things for the outside of our house. Like flowers and hanging baskets. Well about 9:30 he calls me to say I found some great things and what not, well the call went dead. I figured no big deal calls are dropped all the time. Well he calls me back about 3 minutes later to say I have been in a accident. At first I thought he was joking and then he says no I am serious and he sounds really weird. I said "are you ok". He said "I think so. Let me call you back." Well I am waiting and waiting and finally I called him back. I thought it was a fender bender. Oh no he was going through a green light in the intersection and some A$$hole came tearing through a red light and plowed into Mark. He went spinning around and hit two more cars. This was also a major intersection. Let's just say hubby drives a dodge Ram quad cab and 3 of the 4 wheels were gone and the entire passenger side of the truck is caved in. The flowers were gone and the bed of the truck demolished. Mark thank God walked away with only cuts and bruises. The guy driving the car ran away from the scene and his partner tried to but couldn't because his leg is broken. I saw the truck today and lost it. He is so lucky to be alive. The truck is most likely totalled but the insurance company will determine that tomorrow.

The police think that the car was either one stolen, two the guys had warrents out on them or 3 they were drunk or high. Needless to say it was a horrible afternoon. We did still make it to the concert which was great but Mark was so uncomfortable. I really don't know how much more I can take. I am really trying to find the positives in this and I know that him being alive is the major one but geesh can't we catch a break?? Thanks for letting me share. I just need some hugs.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Angela new
      #262133 - 05/07/06 03:17 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..that is so scary, I am glad that your hubby is OK, sounds like he is lucky to be alive.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs

--------------------
S.

HUGS new
      #262135 - 05/07/06 03:22 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Angela, I'm very happy to hear Mark walked away from that!! WOW!! Vehicles can be replaced, he can't. I hope he doesn't have whip-lash develope in a couple of days.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Oh my gosh! new
      #262136 - 05/07/06 03:22 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Angela, I am so sorry that hear that! That makes me so mad when things like that happen, I am just so glad that your husband walked away without any major injuries or anything!

How awful for you, I hope he is holding up okay.. that must have been really scary.
Is he very achy/sore today? My friend was in an accident and thought she was fine,but the next day was really sore like she had overdone it at the gym or something.

Sending good thoughts your way, and not so good thoughts the driver's way,

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Pays to have a heavy duty vehicle! new
      #262153 - 05/07/06 03:41 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Glad he escaped without major injury! Amazing how in 1 minute your life could have changed! Huge Hugs!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

It seems like God was watching out for Mark! new
      #262168 - 05/07/06 04:18 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

How awesome it is that he was in a "big-ole-truck" and not a little bitty PT Cruiser or something! I thank God that he came out OK...if Mark was able to walk away from the accident, chances are he will be sore but fine in the long run.

Hugs!

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Oh my gosh new
      #262193 - 05/07/06 07:44 PM

Unregistered

I am so glad that he is okay! I can't imagine what was going through your mind when he called you on the phone and told you. It really does pay to have a heavy duty vehicle. How is he doing today? Tell him we're thinking about him!

Re: Hubby in a horrible accident this weekend. new
      #262194 - 05/07/06 07:50 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh my gosh Angela!! thats so freaking scary!

Will the insurance pay for a new car? I'm so happy that your hubby is ok.. but you definitly deserve a break. The poor guy! I can't belive those jerks ran away from the car.. what idiots.. Tonight some idiot ran a red light right as I was about to go, but luckily I noticed him in time.. people like that should be banned from the road!

--------------------

oh my gosh new
      #262203 - 05/07/06 10:04 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm so sorry, but thank goodness he is okay!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! thank goodness he is mostly ok... . new
      #262209 - 05/08/06 05:03 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

as Bill and I have learned over the years- things are replaceable- vehicles, houses, stuff.. people aren't!!

I will say this- I hope things get better, but if you need a shoulder to cry on, give me a holler.. as you know I have more then been there.. a car accident last March (little over a year ago) where I was the driver and sole occupant.. and of course there was the fires adn then the hit and run on my parked car 4 weeks after the major one.. (4 days after it came back from being fixed after the fire!)

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Thanks everyone! new
      #262213 - 05/08/06 05:42 AM
Angela E.

Mark is better today. Just still really sore. He has a few bruises and abrasions from the seatbelt but that is because it did its job. If the insurance company totals it out we will get blue book value for the truck which most of you know will no where near pay for a new one. So we will probably look for a used car to buy. The crappy thing is we just decided last week to pay it off to free up some money each month. So we definatley don't want to have another car payment so that is why we will look for used. I am still very thankful he is alive and well. His guardian angel worked over time that's for sure!

#262215 - 05/08/06 05:53 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Angela, be grateful that he was able to walk away from this with no serious injuries. I will be oraying for you and your family during this difficult time.

--------------------

How scary for you all! new
      #262226 - 05/08/06 06:40 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Accidents really shake you up. I'm so glad Mark is okay and was able to walk away.

Reminds me of the song by Amy Grant "Angels Watching Over Me".

Many hugs for you, Angela.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#262236 - 05/08/06 07:15 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Oh, wow. I'm glad he's OK, and I'm glad that no one else was in the car with him.

Good luck w/ the insurance company -- don't take their first offer, try haggling with them to try and get more out of the car.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#262245 - 05/08/06 07:38 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh my sweetie, thats just awful. You must have been going out of your mind waiting for him to call you back. Thank goodness he isn't seriously hurt. Although I'm sure he will be very sore for at least a few days.

I know it sucks to have to get another car, especially when you were just about to pay the truck off but considering how bad the accident was, thats a small thing compared to the fact that Mark is ok!

Glad that you were still able to go to your concert! Sending super, duper big hugs and loads of love! Call me if you want to chat!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#262253 - 05/08/06 07:45 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Is he ok??????????????

What a horrible thing to happen!

So very thankful that your husband is alright! new
      #262264 - 05/08/06 08:00 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I know it is an awful lot to deal with right now, but his life being spared will become more precious as this resolves in your mind! How scary!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Angela...how is Mark doing?~nt~ new
      #262269 - 05/08/06 08:05 AM
nomorepooch

--------------------
Formerly poochibelly...

Re: Angela...how is Mark doing?~nt~ new
      #262293 - 05/08/06 10:01 AM
Angela E.

I posted up top that he is doing better today. He is still sore and his bruises are looking bad but overall he's doing ok! Thanks for asking!

glad to hear he's ok... new
      #262389 - 05/09/06 04:48 AM
khyricat

thats the important thing, and I can't blame you- after my accident last year we bought a junker that I drove for 8 months, and then we bought the car with some $$ we had put aside down, and traded the junker in for what I had paid for it... and all told wound up with LOWER payments on a nicer car then I had... and that was a less then 1 year old car, and they basically paid off the loan on it... and the little bit left paid for the junker... so we came away with cheaper insurance and no car payments and saved a portion of that each month towards the next car.. it worked for the best..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Me too - so scary but just so thankful he's okay, makes you think... new
      #262392 - 05/09/06 05:17 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Wow, at any moment, ya know? Wow... soooooooooo thankful he's okay!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

terrifying! I'm so glad he's alright. --nt-- new
      #262411 - 05/09/06 06:38 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Update#3 new
      #262421 - 05/09/06 07:07 AM
Angela E.

Well the truck is totalled like we thought so now I guess we will be dealing with a rental for now until we can figure out what we are going to do. This week is really going to take a toll on me. Today is Noah's urologist appointment to see if he needs to be recircumsized. I think he will because things just don't look right down there!

Thursday I have an appoinment for me and I am hoping that the doctor will either do an ultrasoud or try to hear the heartbeat. I will be almost 10 weeks so I think we should be able to hear it. Then on Friday is Mark's heart cath. That appoinment is scheduled for 7am so we have to leave the house at 5:30a.m. I am really hoping that the worst is over and that the test will come out fine. Please continue to pray for us or send good thoughts. I could use the strength.

Prayers for your family!-nt new
      #262423 - 05/09/06 07:14 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Re: Update#3 new
      #262425 - 05/09/06 07:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

You're always in my thoughts!!!! Considering your history, I would ask for an ultrasound. Even as thin as you are, 10 weeks is awful early to just hear the heartbeat, the wouldn't even try on me at that point!

I'll be hoping both Noah and Mark's appointments go well!! Sending lots of love and hugs and all the strength I can spare!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way! new
      #262436 - 05/09/06 07:57 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I know the week will be challenging..but as they say, one day at a time, Angela!

Hugs to you, my dear.

Beth

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oh wow! new
      #262451 - 05/09/06 08:38 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

You really do have a lot going on this week! Prayers and hugs coming your way!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

You poor things.... new
      #262458 - 05/09/06 09:14 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Im so sorry you had to go through that....Im so glad he's alright...sending lots of good thoughts your way....

--------------------
Natalie

I am continuing to pray!~nt~ new
      #262463 - 05/09/06 09:35 AM
nomorepooch

--------------------
Formerly poochibelly...

Re: Update#3 new
      #262477 - 05/09/06 10:12 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I will keep you in my prayers. I know at times life seems to be overwhelming because there is so much going on.

Thank goodness your husband wasn't really hurt in the accident. Sounds like it could have easily been worse from the way you describe the truck.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

*HUG* lots of positive thoughts your way... new
      #262609 - 05/10/06 05:25 AM
khyricat

if you need anything while you're in town Fri let me know- I have to work, but Corey is at the house and can run an errand for me in exchange for our hospitality till she gets the power mess at her place straightened out (they are talking next week already) and I do have a lunch break.. the car thing is a mess, but I have definitely been there.. if there is a car you might want in awhile new- and you have a relationship with a new car dealer.. call them.. sometimes they can help you get used cars before they hit the used car lot... especially if they think it will help the relationship and lead to a future new car sale!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1067 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5169

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review