All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Let me know if you need any pointers!! new
      #261854 - 05/05/06 12:51 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I work in the loop, and my friends and I have all spent a lot of time downtown. Where are you staying? What airport are you flying into? I do love Chicago!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What has made you happy this week? new
      #261855 - 05/05/06 01:01 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

~ my husband and 10 month old son
~ i'm on day five of an elimination diet and i'm starting to finally feel relief
~ it's friday today!
~ the sun is shining and it's almost summer
~ i might golf tonight
~ my mom is making a turkey dinner on sunday

--------------------
~jules

I will! new
      #261860 - 05/05/06 01:48 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'll know better once my mom sends up the travel book and her list... then Adam and I can go through it all, see what we want to do, and then I'll be able to ask more intelligent questions. LOL! Although, food recommendations are always a good thing - everyone in my family knows I have IBS, but they don't even remotely understand how to eat for it. I know I can always do sushi, and Indian is pretty safe because I know what I can eat, but beyond that, if you have any recommendations, I'd love to know. We're going to be eating out almost every meal from the time we get there Wednesday night, till Sunday morning before we leave again!

We'll be staying at my stepfather's apartment - nice and cheap, LOL! Oh, and we're flying into O'Hare. (Or is it Ohare? Well, whatever. )

That's exactly what my mother says about it... new
      #261861 - 05/05/06 01:50 PM
atomic rose

...that it's a cleaner, nicer version of NY. She just loves it there - not quite enough to leave NY, but pretty close! I made a note of the nature museum; I'm almost positive Adam will like that too, so I think that'll be a must-see. Thanks!

Aww, I'll miss it! new
      #261862 - 05/05/06 01:51 PM
atomic rose

We'll only be there from the 14th to the 18th. Besides which, my mother and stepfather see us so rarely that I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let us out of their clutches long enough to go anyway!

But it sounds like it'll be fun!

Yes, O'Hare! new
      #261863 - 05/05/06 01:53 PM
epa_ginger

There are lots of great sushi places, and some fantastic indian places too. My husband remembers the names so I'll ask him. There is also some cool new organic/vegetarian place I've heard about, I'll try to remember the name.

--------------------

My puppy has become the PERFECT dog!!! new
      #261881 - 05/05/06 04:26 PM
epa_ginger

I'm convinced he is a prodigy or my guardian angel. He is home with us full time now, he stays out of his crate when I go to work, he has a dog walker come by to take him out, walk him, and play with him---for an hour! He doesn't pee, poop, or get into anything. When we leave he doesn't cry, in the morning he sleeps in. He doesn't bite us or bark excessively. he rings his bell to go outside (Adorable!) like a champ, he plays outside for hours by himself. He doesn't beg. He loves people. He loves to snuggle in the morning and when we come home from work.

I could seriously go on and on. Some of you may remember how stressed I was when we first got him. I don't think he's normal---he's abnormally smart and good and obedient, considering he's only FIVE MONTHS OLD!!! I love him! He has turned out to be everything I ever wanted. And here's a pic:

--------------------

#261890 - 05/05/06 05:21 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

It has been a GREAT week!!!

4 days without an attack - IN A ROW!!

My wedding plans are all but set!!

My boss actually sympathized with me about my IBS!! (He has a heart condition, and stress kills him too)

And, I am thankful for the friends I have made here!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#261896 - 05/05/06 05:43 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hmmm...

1) Classes are over
2) My afternoon acting class being so amazing
3) Sugar cookies
4) The dot seems to be content hanging out in my body so far
5) morning sickness means nothing to a person whose IBS and GERD make her nauseous all the time anyway
6) presents in the mail: 1 necklace and 2 books
7) The Derby party tomorrow
8) One paper and 1 proposal defense and I am ABD!
9) Solving the TA crisis and making my mentee happy in the process

Re: Ginger! new
      #261897 - 05/05/06 06:44 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! Ok, my dog is 4mths old tomorrow. He doesn't tell me when he needs to go out, he bites excessively, he's up at 5am (sleep in! What the heck is that?!?!?) He barks at me when I put him on a long lead outside in the yard. Can not obviously entertain himself for hrs!!! He won't let me brush him. He's afraid of the stinkin thing. What's up with that????? He jumps up at the kitchen table and counter tops and has gotten numerous cheese sandwiches from my youngest who fails to watch his food. Oh he at a whole pack of Trident gum that he jumped up at the kitchen table and grabbed off of it! I could go on and on too however, mine are not near as happy moments as yours! It's funny too cause Golden's and Labs are VERY smart and learn VERY quickly. That explains why your doggie is so smart. He has Lab in him. He does give me his paw(both actually one at a time when asked) and he does sit but that's pretty much it. When he's not obessively trying to find my underwear he's looking for a sock instead! Ughhhhhhh...Maybe at 5mth's I will be talking like you. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

BTW I just wanna squeeze your dog and hug him. He's the cutest thing. I'm so glad you didn't decide to give him away. He turned out so precious!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7204

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review