All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Pictures!! Harley and my house! new
      #261793 - 05/05/06 08:41 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Your house is adorable! Do you have any of the Craftsman-style touches inside? I also love the garden pics. I am in envy, we have 2 1/2 acres of land but I am totally garden-clueless and have NO idea what to do with any of it. Any suggestions?

We also have an old house -- it was built in 1880. I love old houses, but they do have their drawbacks. Although ours is a two-story and is probably bigger than yours (about 1800 SF if you count the two enclosed porches), it drives me nuts to have no storage, wonky electricity, creaky leaky windows, and an "afterthought" bathroom only big enough for a claustrophobic shower stall. But, it's all worth it for the character, right?

I saw your other post about trying the Enbrel -- I hope that it starts working for you.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pictures!! Harley and my house! new
      #261796 - 05/05/06 08:43 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

81 years? Pah, think yourself lucky - our house was built in 1840!! Victorian red brick house, though the front is rendered white now.

I actually like it, as it has loads of character and the rooms are bigger and higher than they are in modern houses over here in the UK. Two drawbacks though - firstly the walls aren't straight, so decorating's a pain, and also it used to have an outside loo, so the old owners built a new bathroom - unfortunatley it's downstairs, through the dining room and kitchen, just before you hit the garden. We're currently turning the office into a lovely IBS0-friendly upstairs bathroom though!

And know what you mean about a busy road, we're right by one too. OK other than when massive lorries come down the road and the house shakes!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review