All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Michele new
      #261081 - 05/02/06 11:34 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I thought that sounded long. When they call me to make the appointment if it is a few months I will bring that up. Everything I have read so far says the sooner you are seen the better.

My sister is sending me the wax spa for my birthday. It was last Friday so she is late but it is coming. I didn't think about using a heating pad. I'll get mine out.

I took Alieve the other day and my tummy didn't feel quite right. I don't know if it was the Alieve or just the day. I'll give it another try. I do take asprin, advil and tylenol for my migraines without much trouble but I don't have to take them often. I don't know how my body will react to taking a regular dose.

If it isn't one thing it is another that is for sure.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Janey new
      #261097 - 05/02/06 12:09 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Happy Belated Birthday!! Thats great your sister is getting you the wax spa! I love mine! You can keep reusing the same wax also, just peel it off your hands and toss it back in!

Thats part of the problem is that I, too, have problems with the anti-inflammatory drugs. If you tolerate Advil, that will probably work as well as the Alieve. Tylenol and Aspirin as ok, they will help with the pain but not the swelling. I've tried several prescription anti inflammatories and they all hurt my tummy terribly.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Would be interested in an update new
      #261179 - 05/02/06 06:51 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Michele,

I would be curious to know how it works out for you. I just met with my doctor last week and we are considering switching me over to the Enbrel. Interestingly enough they are also considering putting my fiance on it for his psoriasis. We were laughing about having to take the same meds like an old married couple. I was actually more surprised that we would take the same thing for two different conditions...his being a skin condition and mine being for my RA and OA pain.

We too are waiting to find out what the insurance company will charge us for them. I won't be switching for a month or so since we have to wait for the Mumps scare to die down here. Had a scare last week that I was possibly exposed but that turned out to be strep that they had instead. Never been so happy to hear strep throat in my life.

I will look forward to hearing how things go for you. Wishing you the best!

-Michelle

good luck.. I hope it works out for you.. new
      #261232 - 05/03/06 05:12 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and I am sending lots of possitive thoughts your way that this is resolved and you wind up with a baby too!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Would be interested in an update new
      #261255 - 05/03/06 07:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, I've read that it is also used for psoriasis!! I was so thankful when I found out I only have a $20 copay for mine!!! I know if I do mail order for my scripts, I can get three months for the same $20 copay so if I end up staying it on for a little while, I'll have to check and see if this is available mail order. Be warned, its a bit difficult to find. Most of the "chain" drugstores have to order it and have it UPS to you. The hospital I usually go to tried to order it for me and they were told by there distributor it was "unavailable." I did some checking on line and I guess there is sometimes a shortage of it. You may want to start asking around now. I finally found it at a private, speciality pharmacy. Luckily, it was right on my way home from work!!

The skin TB test they did Monday is turning red but its red on BOTH arms??!! They gave me two injections, one a control and one the real deal. They are both red and bruised. I can't imagine I have TB as I've had several chest x-rays recently due to the costochondritis in my chest. That is caused from the RA inflaming the cartilage in my chest, VERY painful. Still can't wear a bra! Anyway, I go tomorrow at 9:30 to see the nurse. She will oversee me doing my first injection and then I'll be on my own! It can't be any worse than the fertility shots I had to give myself! I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it works for me. I'm REALLY hoping for some good results! Some people say you start to feel better in as little as two weeks!!! I'm SO ready to feel better!! I'm still on the placquenil also, hopefully, this will be the right combo for me!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1784 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2395

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review