All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just saying hello!
      #257884 - 04/12/06 01:53 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Work has been insane...found out today that DH may not graduate until the summer...I'm exhausted and overwhelmed. Trying to cut a 2 acre yard with a 21" push mower isn't helping any. I've been reading...trying to keep up....keeping you all in my prayers.

Please know I still care a great deal...just very busy right now. Hugs to all!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just saying hello! new
      #257888 - 04/12/06 01:58 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Hugs back to ya, Kim! I miss you!!!!!

Sorry things are so insane. Try not to let yourself get too overwhelmed, as I know stress is your biggest trigger. Easier said than done, I know. Not like we intentionally get ourselves stressed or cause insanity.

You are adventurous to mow that much land with a push mower! Yikes, woman! Maybe when DH graduates he will get a great paying job and surprise you with a riding mower!

I know it must be disappointing that he might not graduate this semester...but you've been at it this long...summer will be over before we even know it. Time passes so quickly. (except when you're having an extraordinarily bad day).

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#257890 - 04/12/06 02:01 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Um, well, at least you don't need to go to the gym with mowing that big of a yard with a little push mower??!!! Not sure I'd be able to do it! I hate lawn mowers anyways! The loud noise makes me tense and edgy!

I hope things calm down soon! Love and Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele, there you go again... new
      #257894 - 04/12/06 02:04 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...seeing that glass half full!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#257978 - 04/13/06 05:57 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I was really out of sorts when I made this post! Still don't feel so hot, but....being female has it's monthly drawbacks!

As to the yard situation....I'll explain a little. DH has a cronic lung problem and his doctor will not let him do yard work - it gives him pneumonia. So, for the past two years, we've hired a guy to cut the yard. With gas prices so high, and braces on my oldest and two weddings this summer and dh's graduation....well, we could use the money for other things. So, the boys are old enough now and tall enough to help with the mowing and we thought we'd just use our own elbow grease to get the job done. It takes a lot longer, but it is good exercise and the boys are a GREAT help!

We may still hire the guy with the riding mower occasionally, but for now, we'll just work at it for a couple of hours at a time and do it over a couple of day's time. This is just the first time I've chased a push mower in a couple of years, and my entire body hurts!! But my yard looks great!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#258003 - 04/13/06 07:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Enjoy the yard before the grass grows again!!! My hubby just started hiring someone to mow our yard last year but we live in the city and its not a big yard but my hubby can earn more money working and paying someone else to cut the grass than if he just cut it himself. Too bad I couldn't hire someone to help me with my flower beds. When we fist moved in, I was relatively healthy and could keep up with them but with my current problems, its more than I can handle. However, my girlfriend has offered to come over and help me out but I don't think she has any clue what she is getting into and she lives in an apartment and has never gardened in her life! Aw well, do what you can, right?! You've got your boys to help you and I can put up with some weeds!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4650 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 497

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review