Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
American Idol Run Down.. 4/4/06
      #256337 - 04/04/06 06:14 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hello Hello,

the show just ended here on the eastern part of the US. I have to say, tonight was alright (haha I sound like randy junior).. not spectacular.. but not as bad as last week either.

I love country music, and I was a little disapointed that no one really sang any classic country songs, or really popular country songs. Once again, I have to echo Randy and say that these contestants really do have really odd choices (i.e. last weeks songs of the 2,000's.. seriously, there was so much better to chose from).

Anyways.. I thought Bucky did fabulous! I love that song so much, and I thought he sang it really really well. I also enjoyed elliots performance as always, and was very happy to see Chris show a different side of him. I def think he'll get a lot of votes tonight because he was able to show something outside the rocker image.

I thought Kelly was ok.. but the dumb act isn't that cute to me. I wonder if America will put another (albeit dumber) blonde country singer as the front runner.

Mandissa, Katherine and Lisa were ok. I thought Katherines was good when she could belt it, but a lot of it was just her talking. Same thing with Mandissa, who I usually love.

hmm who's left.. oh yes, Ace. He's a hottie and I do think he chose a good song for him. I hope he sticks around for awhile.

And that leaves Taylor. I know all ya'll are Taylor lovers, but i'm sorry.. his performance was HIDEOUS tonight. When the did the replay at the end of the show it just sounded awful in my opinion. Off pitch, too soft, and he looked like he had to pee really bad the whole time how he twisted his legs up and just stood in one place. I honestly think he did the worst this week.... (haha sorry all you Taylor lovers, but tonight I couldn't even remotely see what you see in him.. I thought he actually did well last week)

I am kinda thinking that the whole thing is gonna come down to Chris and Mandissa (although I love Elliot).. but who knows. For some reason Taylor and Kellie have never made it in the bottom two (I think they are the only other two that haven't)

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: American Idol Run Down.. 4/4/06 new
      #256339 - 04/04/06 06:21 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ok Dr. Spice here's my view!!

Taylor- I am a fan but tonight was bad!
Mandisa- didn't do it for me either.
Paris- nope
Chris- yes I loved it!
Katherine- I thought she was great. She sounded wonderful.
Kelly- I am not a Pickler fan but she did really good with Reba's song tonight.
Elliot- He sounds good but looks so goofy when he sings!
Ace- Did very well tonight. I was drooling over his bedroom eyes. Loved the falsetto at the end
Bucky- needs to go. I just don't care for him. He didn't sound all that great to me.

Overall I really liked Chris, Katherine, Ace and Kelly.
I think its' Bucky's turn to go. Did you catch the dig on Ryan from Simon about having a Desperate Housewives look. Gee could he talking about his current flame Ms. Terri Hatcher?? I thougth Ryan was going to kill him!! And then Ryan called Randy out about looking like cupid. What was up with the red vest and striped shirt??? Dog needs a new outfit!! Know what I'm sayin!!!

#256340 - 04/04/06 06:34 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

haha oohhh.. we agree on some things...

As for Randy's outfit.. umm what the hell was up with that. It was Tragic with a capital T.

I didn't realize that Ryan and Teri Hatcher were dating?!? I thought that he was trying to emulate Doug Savant (the man that play's lynettes husband on the show) because he looked just like him tonight with the beard etc.

--------------------

#256419 - 04/05/06 06:31 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I was really impressed with Chris. Even though he's a rocker he really toned it down and did a really good job. Of course, I love Ace and I thought he did very well, too.

I agree, I don't think Taylor was his best.

It seemed to me as if Paula was slurring her words again and can you tell Simon doesn't like country music?

Barbie

--------------------

Terri Hatcher....... new
      #256420 - 04/05/06 06:36 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Is Terri Hatcher Ryan's new flame? Ryan is such a cutie! I thought Simon was referring to the scruffy look Ryan had like Mike on Desperate Housewives.

I liked the one where Simon said Taylor's performance was lazy & boring and Ryan said, "Yeah, like your love life". Way to go Ryan!!!

Barbie

--------------------

My thoughts new
      #256426 - 04/05/06 07:15 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Taylor - I thought he was BAD - he has a good voice, but I am getting sick of him

Mandisa - I thought she was the worst last night. I do not like her at all.

Elliot - I love him. He did good.

Kelli - She sang well, but the dumb act is really annoying.

Ace - He did well, but enough with the sexy gaze!! He was cute to me at first, but now he's just aggravating me.

Chris - I want Chris to win it all. He is amazing!!! I LOVE the song he sang and he showed that he can actually sing without being all "rocker".

Katharine - She is my #2 choice - I thought she did well, but didn't like the song.

Paris - She can sing, but I don't like her. Her performance was just ok last night.

Bucky - I thought he did GREAT!! Now, could someone please tell me who sings the song that he did? I think someone did a cover of it but I cant figure it out!!!

All in all - I think Taylor and Mandisa were the worst this week, but I don't think America will agree.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#256434 - 04/05/06 07:36 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes Ryan is dating Teri Hatcher. I saw picutres of them on ET that showed them smooching in a park. I guess they have been a couple for a few months. He's younger than her. I think he's around 30 and isn't she in her 40's? Go Teri! I thought Simon's dig on Ryan was because of the beard but because of Mike the plumber who is Teri's love interest on the show!

Terri... new
      #256443 - 04/05/06 08:38 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I thought she was dating George Clooney? I must be way behind with the times!

--------------------
S.

I agree.. Taylor and Mandissa were the worst last night.... new
      #256479 - 04/05/06 11:03 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

but I have a feeling that neither will be in the bottom three.

--------------------

Re: I agree.. Taylor and Mandissa were the worst last night.... new
      #256480 - 04/05/06 11:04 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I agree - I think the bottom 3 tonight will be Ace, Bucky and Elliot. I hope I'm wrong

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1991 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2000

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review