All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Luke in his new glasses
      #256031 - 04/03/06 06:27 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Yep, Luke has glasses now. Check him out - the second shot is a "forced grin" but highlights the mouth full of holes. Too bad I don't know how to make a pic of a still-screen of video because in the video he makes the CUTEST expressions... but that exceeds my digital know-how. He is accepting them very well but wants to take them on and off constantly. I cannot tell yet how they help him with the focusing and especially reading since we just picked them up this afternoon.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

They are ADORABLE!!! new
      #256034 - 04/03/06 06:33 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

They look like they were MADE for him!! how CUTE! how many did he try on before you got the right ones? They're perfect Michelle Thanks for sharing *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

SEVERAL - and when we finally settled on these new
      #256039 - 04/03/06 06:37 PM
ecmmbm

which by the way have a hint of neon green in the frame you can't really see here, when we finally settled on these he was devastated he couldn't take them home with him RIGHT THEN! So today he was thrilled to pick them up... just praying the novelty doesn't wear off.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Re: SEVERAL - and when we finally settled on these new
      #256041 - 04/03/06 06:40 PM
Snow for Sarala

TOO CUTE! LOL I remmber when I got my 1st pair of glasses, I was like 9, and I smashed them in dance class! I was SO embarassed and I hated them! They were awful. now I love my glases. KIDS LOL

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

He's adorable... new
      #256047 - 04/03/06 06:53 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

and mature looking. It is amazing how the kid glasses now look much nicer than when I was kid. I hated mine so much as a kid since they kept making me look younger no matter what style I chose. Now I miss them since my vision corrected.

You might want to get some of the cleaning cloths for glasses since it is going to be impossible to keep them clean since there will be lots of little finger prints. Just from what I remember.

-Michelle

Dance Class... new
      #256048 - 04/03/06 06:56 PM
Sailing Away

that's what I should have done! Would have gotten rid of those icky glasses quicker. Course in the 10 years I wore glasses I only went through 4 pairs, with two being really destroyed (even had to use tape on them).

Ahhh....nice to think back on the old days.

-Michelle

Re: Dance Class... new
      #256051 - 04/03/06 07:00 PM
Snow for Sarala

My poor parents must have spent a LOT on thoise things and I went and danced all over em'! They WERE awful though I remember one year I had this red pair of glasses and all the kids made fun of me for looking like Sally Jesse Raphael. THAT was the WORST! I still wont' wear red glasses (just got new glasses and I could have bought a pair of red glasses for a GREAT buy but I wouldn't do it cause they were red LOL). Funny things we remember!

I broke a pair too btw. I think I sat on them ROTFL Can you imagine? And that was an ACCIDENT!!! I think they were repairable though from what I remember....

LOL This is fun!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256056 - 04/03/06 07:05 PM
Sailing Away

My first pair was this blue/green/grey marble pattern. I dropped them on the playground so many times that they finally got stepped on. My second pair was this pink color with a little red ruby like stone on the front sides. They weren't what I wanted since I wanted the blue ones but my parents liked the pink better...could be the reason I hate pink to this day. Course the next two pairs I really liked. Think that Mom donated those to the Lion's Club after I got out of them since they were in great shape. Finally learned to take care of them.

#256057 - 04/03/06 07:08 PM
Snow for Sarala

Too cute!!!! Kids know what they like...even though parents sometimes think they know better I also hated pink for the longest time cause my mom made me have a pink room when I wanted a blue one. Now I love pinkn and I feel like it's very femanine...but it took a LONG TIME for me to get over not getting my way LOL

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Luke in his new glasses new
      #256065 - 04/03/06 07:27 PM

Unregistered

He looks so cute! Ahh I remember when I first got glasses in the third grade. I used to wear fake ones for fun before that with my friends thinking they looked so cool

He'll love this picture one day!

He looks like a big boy... new
      #256082 - 04/03/06 09:24 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

and a smart one too!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

What a handsome fella! new
      #256101 - 04/04/06 05:28 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I hope these are helpful to him and to you as you move forward! You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing! I always look forward to your pictures. How are you feeling as you recover?

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Feeling really good - here's what someone said to me yesterday new
      #256102 - 04/04/06 05:47 AM
ecmmbm

I've had so many "procedures" done over the past few years that only a handful of people I'd asked to pray for me even knew what was happening last week, or that I was feeling so badly again at all (just get tired of talking about it after a while). But of course most folks kind of get a sense that you dont' feel great even if you try not to show it. So anyhow, another mother at Tae Kwon Do looked at me yesterday and said, "What's up with YOU?" with a smile. I was like, "what??" She said, "You just look fresh and smiley and energetic". So I told her what had happened...I do feel SOOO much better, the ache is there as all the inflammation goes down but that is less painful than how I felt before I had it done. And the whole benefit of actual oxygenated blood flowing through my veins again helps the energy level and mood like you wouldn't imagine!

Thanks for asking - I'm putting up a lot of praise this week, for feeling better but also for the trials these past few years, I've grown and learned what I could not have otherwise so I'm thankful for that just as much.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

well, bless your heart, Michelle! new
      #256108 - 04/04/06 06:20 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Here's to you feeling better and better!

Luke is such a cutie pie! He looks so adorable in his new glasses! Very handsome! Watch out for the girls in a few years (or more)!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Dontcha love it when that happens?~nt~ new
      #256109 - 04/04/06 06:28 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#256110 - 04/04/06 06:50 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

What a cutie! Such a fun age, enjoy him!

--------------------
Janey

Re: Feeling really good - here's what someone said to me yesterday new
      #256121 - 04/04/06 07:10 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Michelle, that is so great! I know what you mean about learning and growing through your trials! The last 6-7 years of my life have been filled with events I never could have dreamed of or imagined having to go through with my family! A lot of it has been so unpleasant, but I have learned to trust God so much better. When I say God is faithful...I KNOW He is! Does that make sense? It still isn't easy dealing with a lot of stuff I have to deal with day in and day out...and not knowing when or if it will ever change...but KNOWING God's faithfulness in all of it, and realizing the good that only He can bring from it, well...it just makes you stronger in your faith.

I'm glad you are feeling better, and pray that your healing will be complete. Thanks for letting me know!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#256160 - 04/04/06 10:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

They look great on him!!!! Being an Optician, I'll give you the spiel I give to all first time wearers! Always wet your glasses before cleaning them and never use any sort of paper products. Even the softest toilet paper was made from a tree and will have wood fibers in it and can cause scratches! Stay away from Windex and window cleaners, too harsh and can make the protective coatings peel. Warm water and mild hand soap, dish soap or even take them into the shower and use shampoo on them! A clean, dry towel is best to wipe them with. If the towel is "pilly" it will cause smudges, a "flat" towel, or old cotton t-shirt, cloth baby diapers, those kind of things work best! Get him into the habit of using TWO hands when taking them on and off, don't pull them from one side. And, my favorite, if they are not on your face, put them in their case!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 897 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1628

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review