All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone know anything about Skaneateles, New York??
      #256010 - 04/03/06 04:17 PM

Unregistered

A company that does retail, packaging and product design wants to hire a graduate from my dept. at school (and that will be in 4 weeks!) and they are located in Skaneateles, New York. Apparently that is about 4 hours from NYC, 5 from Boston and 7 from Montreal or something like that. So not that I think I'm ready to make as huge a move as that, it keeps popping into my mind and I feel that I at least owe it to myself to check it out since this lady from the company wants to fly down here to interview anyone who is interested. So just wondering if anyone knows about this town???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone know anything about Skaneateles, New York?? new
      #256043 - 04/03/06 06:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

No...but it's REALLY exciting that you're interviewing and all! How's all that going for you? SO SUPER to see you here Brittany! *hugs*

With lots of love and sending you success,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256066 - 04/03/06 07:31 PM

Unregistered

Thanks! It is going well but definitely all a bit overwhelming to have TOO many choices in front of you and, being me, I am the worst decision maker. So who knows where I'll be a few months from now but hopefully it will be an enjoyable getting there! I just can't believe that I'll graduate college in a few weeks, though now I want to go to grad school but that's $50,000 I don't have right now so I guess I need to work for awhile first.

How are things with you? I keep meaning to post to you but then I get sidetracked - no excuses though! It's nice seeing you around here too and I meant to tell you that I love the new name - very fitting!

#256068 - 04/03/06 07:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

I hear ya...having too many choices can be rough!!! But I know you'll make the right one I'm glad you have choices...that's GREAT!! :-) What line of work are you looking for? I'm so excited for you!!!

Thanks for asking about me. Things are hard when you're unstable to say the least but somehow you manage (or well, you don't). I'm doing the best I can and that's all I can expect from me!

It's SO super to see you posting...and I love your pic btw (though I'm not sure how new it is I just had to tell ya I LOVE it!) Are you still living in FL atm?

Love ya! *hugs*

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256071 - 04/03/06 07:45 PM

Unregistered

My major is interior design so I have many many options for career paths and I have done a lot of work in advertising and graphic design too so I'm having a hard time deciding what direction really makes me the happiest. So we'll see what happens. And yes I am still in Florida. I hadn't really put alot of thought into leaving here because I love it, but lately part of me wants to try something else for awhile, especially since I'll have to go to Washington DC or NYC if I want to find a really good grad school program for what I'm looking at.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't so great with you - but you always amaze me how you can still smile and get through it all! I know you'll work through things and be just great .

And thanks for the comment on my picture - I think I put that up a couple months ago but I'm never around much so I'm not surprised you hadn't seen it!

Good talking to you - I'll have to make an effort to be around more!

#256084 - 04/03/06 09:50 PM
Snow for Sarala

Wow, it sounds like you have so much going for you Britt!!! *hugs* I'm sure that when the time comes you'll know which direction to go. You have a great head on your shoulders...I don't worry about you

It can be hard to leave the places we love but sometimes it can help us grow in ways we never could have imagined! Here again I'm confident you'll know what to do when decision time comes! When will you have to make the decision? We'll all be sending positive thoughts your ways

I don't always smile but I certainly try to when I can. Life can be very difficult and painful for me. But I have a LOT to be thankful for and I try my best to focus on this. Thanks for noticing as I work very hard at this!

It's great talking to you Britt and I do hope we'll be seeing more of you on the boards...you're a celebrity here!

Sending you many *huggles*

Sara

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hey Brittany!!! new
      #256094 - 04/04/06 02:40 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I feel soooooooo BAD that I havent emailed you for sooooo long!! Uni is CRAZY at the minute...I know you understand! I had my midway presentation critique last week....only the final one to go now and then that's it...degree over!! Im terrified and excited at the same time!! I don't know what to expect or where I'll end up but I'll just have to see what comes my way!! Im planning on doing postgraduate study too....but my tutors have said you should get up to 5 years work experience before that....so I'll maybe do that later down the line. I'd LOVE to do that abroad aswell....like in spain or something...or america....I'll just have to see. For now Im planning on getting a job locally here cos I have a house to rent with my friends and I need to pay bills...so Im gona spend the summer working on m portfolio...which is not up to scratch....and then come september apply for local firms. I know the work around here is kinda dry though and I'll obviously be doing all the crappy stuff but its a foot in the door atleast. I'll porbbaly only stay for a maximum of 2 years then be on my way....I cant really see myself settling anywhere for a long time...but we'll see....I could meet my husband along the way and everything mite change

Anyways....just thought would post so you knew I was still alive and to say GO FOR THAT INTERVIEW....I'd kill for it....it'd be GREAT experience...have ago u never know.....GOOD LUCK!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Natalie!! new
      #256847 - 04/06/06 08:07 PM

Unregistered

It's funny you posted this because I had just been thinking about emailing you and seeing how things were going! I'm sure that stuff is quite busy - and I definitely know all about that. Part of me wishes I was back to that though instead of having to be an adult and work for real but it's finally nice to work hard and get paid . That's cool that you want to do grad school too. I think if I were going to get my masters in interior design or architecture I would probably wait about 5 years too. Though I'm thinking of doing mine in historic presevation or architectural studies or history of decorative arts and interiors. There is so much research involved that I don't know when I'll be able to decide on one direction.

How's the portfolio going? I would love to see what some of your stuff looks like. If I remember I'll have to email you a project or two of mine that are in my portfolio. I wonder how different our stuff is

Well I think I'm going to talk to that lady about the job tomorrow or Monday just to see what it's about, and there's another one in South Carolina that does healthcare design and schools and stuff that could be really neat. So we'll see what happens!! I'll keep ya posted!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5790 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2122

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review