All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Whine ALERT! Tummy's in a Tizzy!
      #255543 - 03/31/06 09:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So all week I've been battling an IBS attack. It really started Saturday. Probably from the adrenaline surge caused by the chest swelling from the RA. I was hoping that once my chest calmed down, my tummy would calm down, nope. Then, aunt flo came to town and I thought once the brunt of that was over, it would calm down, nope. I've been throwing EVERYTHING at it, Zelnorm, Miralax, Acacia, Fibercon, Xanax, Vicodin, Donnatol, heating pad until it blistered! Ugh.

Between the IBS and the chest swelling (theres a name for that but it eludes me at the moment) I absolutely could not tolerate a bra today! So, its fat pants and a tunic with a tank for me at work! I've warned the boss that its a very bad tummy day so hopefully he will be kind today. I'm just hoping beyond hope that this doesn't turn into months of tummy agony on top of everything else!!

I'm going to try and take it easy this weekend. I'll do my stretches and maybe take Harley for a walk if its nice out but otherwise, I think I'll be a couch weight and hopefully I won't spontaneously combust from the heat of the heating pad!

Just had to gripe for a moment! I'm afraid if I complain to Will that one more thing hurts, he'll trade me in for a healthier model!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: {{{HUGS}}} feel better soon!-nt- new
      #255553 - 03/31/06 10:57 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Whine away!! :) new
      #255579 - 03/31/06 01:38 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You poor thing! I understand completely, and no appologies necessary! Mine's been good lately, so I'm sending you some good tummy vibes!!

At least you can tell your boss when it hurts. I know many people I've worked for/with who I couldn't tell anything!

Ugh, evil mormon missionaries are at my door *again*. I SWEAR I'm going to have to put up a sign to get them to stop knocking! Good thing my tummy's all right, this is exactly the kind of thing that'll have it up in knots.

~nelly~

That sucks. new
      #255589 - 03/31/06 02:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I hope you start feeling better soon. Last bad flare-up I had lasted for 2 months. But when I finally thought to throw in my hypno CDs it went away overnight.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

I'm soooooo sorry, this IBS is always like the "last straw" with us isn't it? new
      #255600 - 03/31/06 04:26 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I sure to do hope and pray that the weekend allows you to relax and be feeling MUCH better!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Argghh.... new
      #255602 - 03/31/06 04:30 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I hate it when that happens! I think being a couch potato is a wonderful idea. I may do that myself!

If I didn't wear a bra...no one would notice!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Poor Michelle new
      #255610 - 03/31/06 05:01 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Sorry to here you feel like crap. Curl up with your little doggie and your big heating pad, drink some tea and watch a movie. Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Whine away!! :) new
      #255895 - 04/03/06 08:37 AM
michele

Glad to hear your tummy's been behaving!! Mine was doing relatively ok until last week

What is it with the travelling religion fanatics?? Its bad enough when they come to your home but I've had TWO different groups come into the office just recently! Luckily, the dr I work for is Jewish so I just use that for an excuse to make them go away!! Isn't there some sort of law anyways about religious stuff in the workplace??

--------------------

Re: That sucks. new
      #255897 - 04/03/06 08:40 AM
michele

You know, I just dusted of my hypno cd's as well!! Can't say if they really help but I figure they can't hurt anything!!

--------------------

Re: I'm soooooo sorry, this IBS is always like the "last straw" with us isn't it? new
      #255898 - 04/03/06 08:42 AM
michele

Thanks Michelle!! Yes, IBS does seem to be the last straw a lot of the time!! Its like our tummy's say "ok, everything else is messed up, we might as well be too!"

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2628 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3001

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review