All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm home - thanks for the prayers/kind words
      #255463 - 03/30/06 07:00 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I have been truly amazed at the Lord's care over us... there is a Psalm that says "I cried to the Lord and He delivered me from all my fears". That has been SOO true! Let me see if I can recount all the things I'd been worried about...

1. the kids were great, very cooperative for their Mamaw and Papaw
2. no traffic into DC, we got there going 80 the whole time with no stops and never got lost
3. We stayed with our friends parents. Well our friends got sick and so didn't even come over to visit with us. So we sat around all evening with their folks whom we don't know - I sort of dreaded that, I'm a private person believe it or not. Well, come to find out these people literally MINISTERED to us all evening! They were SOOOOOOOOOOOO kind and prayed with us and encouraged us, the mother (who I practically now feel like is MY mother, or one of them) goes in Monday for her last round of radiation to fight breast cancer. She has an amazing testimony of how the Lord has brought her through this ordeal with so much JOY... it just did my heart so much good to spend the evening with these kind people who were so wonderful to us.
4. we took the metro in to the hospital and it let us out at the front door of GWU, no walking
5. the doctor was so so so so so SOOOOOOOOOO nice, I mean I could not believe how nice, and every nurse I had along the way jsut kept saying what a wonderful doctor he was, by the time it was time for the procedure to start I didn't feel any hesitation, I felt completely at ease
6. during this procedure you are only put out to "twilight" not completely "under"... last time this drove me to a panic, this time I was relaxed and felt like I was in good hands
7. he found gobs of veins gon awry and fixed them all, to me this was good news because I feel validated that it was not all in my head and indeed needed to be done... once the inflammation goes down and the soreness goes away I should feel like a new woman!!!!
8. I was not overly nauseous after and never threw up - BIG fear of mine, and also I was able to sleep the whole LONG drive home and never throw up....

These are only the highlights of what I can remember, but I want to say that God answerws prayer and He looks out for us even in what feels like dire circumstances.

Thank you so much for your kind words... it will take several days/weeks for the inflammation and soreness to go down, he embolized several veins with metal coils and some with a balloon and then a "glue" of some kind, the point is all that is making me pretty sore but once it goes down I should feel tons better and able to spend time on my feet without pain. I cannot wait!

I better get some sleep now... it's good to be home. Thanks again,
Love,
Michelle

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Michelle!!! new
      #255466 - 03/30/06 07:13 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

hey lady! So glad everything worked out so nicely for you! And I'm so glad you are back home....and on the boards. I've been thinking about you like crazy!

Your whole trip sounds amazing! How wonderful this all worked out so well! And doctor who is nice. Didn't know they existed.

Does this mean you don't have IBS??? Wouldn't that be wonderful to have NO pain at all! But even if you do...you will still feel so much better now! YAY

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oh no I still have IBS.... new
      #255469 - 03/30/06 07:21 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I have a sensitive tummy and all the rest, none of that has changed, this has been a totally separate issue but the pelvic pain from it and also all the mental stress of wondering what was wrong and what to do about it certainly WORSENED my IBS. Hopefully now I will be able to stabilize a bit more becuase one big issue will have been removed from the "plate" so to say.

Thanks so much - big (((((((((((hugs))))))) to you!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

A big issue has been removed! new
      #255478 - 03/30/06 08:06 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oh Michelle, new
      #255491 - 03/31/06 12:19 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I am so thankful that all went well for you. Way to go big Guy in the Sky!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

That's great Michelle new
      #255492 - 03/31/06 01:00 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I'm glad the whole thing was such a positive experience.
Happy recuperating.

--------------------
S.

God is so faithful!! Great news! new
      #255508 - 03/31/06 05:25 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

What an encouragement your testimony has been to me this morning! I will rejoice with you all day! My prayers continue as you recover. Hugs and friendship, Kim

--------------------
God is Faithful!

God is so good..... new
      #255514 - 03/31/06 06:48 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am so thankful that you are on the mend and isn't it just like God to put good folks in our path?

Here is to a complete healing! Isaiah 53:5

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: I'm home - thanks for the prayers/kind words new
      #255516 - 03/31/06 07:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so happy to hear that all went well! I'm sure you'll be up and running around, without pain, in no time at all! Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: I'm home - thanks for the prayers/kind words new
      #255576 - 03/31/06 01:25 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Glad to hear that it sounds like it went well...and I hope you're feeling much better really soon

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 477 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review