All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I adore MAC! new
      #255451 - 03/30/06 05:28 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

They have MAC at Nordstroms too, if one's closer! I haven't been for a while, but when I went to get my face done it didn't cost a thing and I didn't have to buy anything (but I bought a tube of skin silk equalizer for $16 anyway).

For your wedding, I'd go with someone you trusted. You might have to do a trial run beforehand. The place that did my hair did my makeup too when I was maid of honor at my best friend's wedding, back in the day I had a best friend. She did a great job, but if it was hideous I wouldn't have had time to change it. I say do it up at the rehersal the week before. If you're having a rehersal, that is.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: THANKS EVERYONE! More questions... ha ha new
      #255482 - 03/30/06 08:35 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I'd say go for the MAC lady ONLY, and I stress ONLY, if she is worth a darn. My friend went to one and she sucked. Bad. Just because she works at MAC doesn't mean she is necessarily good. Ask her to apply some makeup on you so you can view her work before you make an appointment. She should oblige if she wants your business. If she says she can't do it, then look elsewhere.

My personal preference, I only wear MAC because the makeup is good for my sensitive skin, it stays on beautifully and their colors are exquisite.

Re: I adore MAC! new
      #255519 - 03/31/06 07:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Another MAC fan here! We have an actual MAC store in the mall!! My girlfriend and I go every couple of weeks and we definitely have our favorite girls! They are always more than willing to put make-up on us, for free! Granted, we spend a healthy (ok, maybe its not so healthy ) about of money there!

I would most definitely go and meet this women, look at her make-up and ask her to do a preview on you before you "sign up!" I think buying and having the actual lip stick, powder and blush for touch ups is a must! Especially if you are getting your make-up done early!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I went to MAC new
      #255529 - 03/31/06 07:57 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

She did my eyes (mostly browns) and we looked at a few different lipstick shades. We found one that I liked but when I got home I looked at my MAC lipstick that I already had and it was nicer so I'd keep that.

She seemed pretty good but she said it wouldn't necessaily be her doing it on my wedding day.

**** oh ya, when Tommy got home from work her didn't know I went to a MAC counter and he actually said my makeup looked REALLY good. So I told him who did it and he said it looked very nice. That's a good sign!

#255530 - 03/31/06 08:00 AM
Sara-Sage

Nelly, no rehearsal. It's an outdoor wedding and the wedding party is so small so we all decided there was no need for one.

See my new post above, I did go for a trial run at MAC after all.

#255531 - 03/31/06 08:01 AM
Sara-Sage

Ok thanks Michele. I did go and was pretty happy with the result. I agree that having the cosmetics is a huge plus!

Re: Try a cosmetics school.... new
      #255532 - 03/31/06 08:03 AM
Sara-Sage

That's a great idea. I wonder if there are any in the area?

I have some blotting paper from the Body Shop and they're super! I'll include them in my bag.

#255571 - 03/31/06 01:08 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm not really sure what to tell you (decisions, decisions, decisions) but I'd love to hear what you decide

Kelly

#255572 - 03/31/06 01:12 PM
Sara-Sage

This is what you have to look forward to!!!!

I'm leaning towards just having the makeup artist come here. I don't think I'd want to go to Macy's with my hair all done up. It would ruin the relaxed feeling I want for the day.

That's what I'd do, sweetie!-nt new
      #255634 - 03/31/06 06:37 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1452

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review