All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: *snap back to reality* new
      #254764 - 03/27/06 12:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

If you haven't been tested to make sure it isn't celiac (that is what you're refering to right?), why not go for it? Then you won't wonder when stuff like this happens

I hope you feel better soon. And you are a superhero...just not when it comes to your tummy

Love you *hugs*

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Food Journal? new
      #254770 - 03/27/06 12:22 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How did you keep a food journal? Times, amounts, feeling? I never had any luck with those. I could eat the same thing one week and have tons of pain, and the next week it would be okay.

Have you tried calcium citrate? I heard that citrate may be easier to tolerate. I have to start on calcium...and I'm really dreading it...especially since I'm already a chronic C.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

It's getting better....I think I'm empty, LOL! new
      #254778 - 03/27/06 12:35 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

i haven't actually had D, just the annoying 2 foot long strings, if you KWIM. TMI!!

Anyhow, I think I'll go buy some plain rice, we don't have any. I had my staple smoothie this AM, as when I'm IBSy it's the only thing my tummy cn tolerate for breakfast. Ugh, all other things make me nauseated too.

Hang in there sinead!! We'll make it together!

*your Irish Lullaby friend-toooooo ra loooooooo*

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL thanks, Sarala!! Lookat these muscles...NOT! new
      #254780 - 03/27/06 12:37 PM
_Willow

Anyhow, yes, it's on my fabulous new doctor's to-do list of alien abductions!(aka, probing) I am to be tested, but I doubt it's celiac, more just a low level gluten intolerance, or just maybe a wheat allergy?? I don't know. I'm supposedly going to be booked for allergy testing as well, and I have a whole list of foods and alcohol(whimper, not that I was ever a drunk, but whimper)that I'm now likely allergic to.

Will keep you on the up-and up.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Good advice, Bevvy...but can you tell me new
      #254785 - 03/27/06 12:41 PM
_Willow

how to do a food journal without getting OCD about it? I seriously did a food journal when I tried Weight Watchers back in the day(photocopied a Points book) and I would like, interrupt my students so I could sit down and write that I had three sips of h2o!!

I need something where it's like...duh for me, you know? I know what I need....a personal chef who only cooks IBS safe foods and only diet food!! I've gained like 10 lbs this winter....:`O( and I'm SOOOOO sick of it that I really want to change, but I'm so prone to obsessing...

Ahhhhhh!!!! Heeeelllp me, someone get me outta me!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Same here, Shannon! new
      #254787 - 03/27/06 12:44 PM
Augie

I used to record all my foods/cals when I was anorexic....and I don't want to get into that trouble again. I have a very obsessive personality...and I am afraid to do the diary.

--------------------
~ Beth

lol, Beth, we're in this together love!! new
      #254789 - 03/27/06 12:44 PM
_Willow

I know, nothing like having C and then getting MORE c on top of that C. Maybe we have to douse ourselves with water. I find if I stay away from my "stoner drug" caffeine other than in Chai tea, it makes a beeeeeeeg difference in the C, as in I only get plugged up one day a week. Of ocurse, Ihave one coffee, and it starts this cycle of C, then a laxative, then normal BMs then D.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't drink coffee!!

Another thing "old age" is giving me, I swell up like a freaking blowfish around the ankles when i eat salty food. Gross or what?

*life is swell, lol!*

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Are you taking your SFS? new
      #254791 - 03/27/06 12:45 PM
Augie

I know you found that to be very helful in the past...along with your probiotic.

--------------------
~ Beth

I slack, it's true. I did take them today, but haven't in a couple weeks. new
      #254793 - 03/27/06 12:48 PM
_Willow

Might ahve something to do with the calcium and Vitamin D I'm on now, though too. Plus, it's stress. I'm super worried about getting a teaching job in the fall, because I'm so ready for one and there's no word on anything yet. They all love me but it's a matter of budgeting. I just need a bit of extra cash for a few months and then I'll be so ouit of debt so fast...but i need it now, if I ever want to have another child-we live in a 2 bdr condo with an unfinished basement, and because DH is on a business contract and we're paying off his restaurant, HE won't have any raises in the next 4 years, which is sort of when we want to be DONE having kids. Sugh. Why can't life come in tidy littl packages. Gee, today I sound like a girl with SAD. Aww.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

But I don't want to be in this...no offense! new
      #254794 - 03/27/06 12:49 PM
Augie

I wish neither of us were in this mess. So, calcium stops you up too? How much are you taking?

I have to take it because I have osteoporosis already! But how can I intentionally put something into my body that increases C? I just can't make myself do it. I know magnesium is suppose to counteract the Calcium...but I already take Mag by itself and it isn't enough.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9483

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review