Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: How you met your partner new
      #30101 - 12/04/03 07:16 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

what does your husband do for a living?

why do you think you guys hit it off from the start?

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#30102 - 12/04/03 07:18 PM
Shanna

do you guys have similar jobs? what do each of you do? do you still work at the same place, and how does that (did that) affect your relationship?

--------------------

does that mean you are the breadwinner? -nt- new
      #30103 - 12/04/03 07:19 PM
Shanna

--------------------

Anyone notice you meet that special someone when your not looking? -nt- new
      #30104 - 12/04/03 07:22 PM
Shanna

--------------------

#30135 - 12/05/03 07:20 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

he works for our local school district. I think we hit it off from the very beginning because we are so much alike and enjoy the same things, have the same moral values, etc. We have the same sense of humor.

#30216 - 12/05/03 01:36 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I met my fiance last February, about three weeks after I'd broken up with my ex-fiance. He works in my sister's office. So I was in no mood for dating. Then, this past February we went on a date, two weeks later he told me he loved me, about a month after that I moved in and nine months to the date, he proposed!! Our wedding is on July 10, 2004.

--------------------
~jules

#30241 - 12/05/03 03:42 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I first saw my partner at a club..thought he was the hottest thing and we locked eyes when we first saw each other. Then I had been dating an [censored]/alcoholic and thought I had to be with this guy instead of my current boyfriend, of whom I knew it wasn't going to last. So that summer after my first year of college I had a job placement (on the job training) at his office and he ended up being my boss for the entire summer. We had a field type job so we ended up working together alot, staying in a cabin and canoeing...very fun...I broke it off with the [censored] and ended up with my "boss" (after I had finished work of course), that was 3 years ago. It was an awsome summer getting to know each other before we started going out.

Re: How you met your partner
      #30397 - 12/07/03 08:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

One of my uncles,my father's brother, I'll call him Avi, was dating this woman Yael. They broke up and she ended up marrying one of my father's other brothers! It worked out very well for them!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: How you met your partner
      #30398 - 12/07/03 08:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

This is a long one...

I saw my hubby at the Rabbi's house. I went in the kitchen after Shabbos dinner that night to talk to him...and I couldn't speak! I grew up around guys...so he was the 1st guy I couldn't talk to in my life.

I thought he was so wonderful I tried to set him up with friends thinking he'd never look my way!

Meanwhile, I was dating this guy. I broke it off and told everyone I was close with that I was tired of dating boys...I wanted a man! I was ready to get married and I was gonna find him in 6 months. I went on a bunch of dates trying to find my husband (I got set up by people in the community). Then this guy I was in love with in high school and I decided to date to see if we were right. He wanted me to look up his profile on line...so I did...but I had to put in my profile too.

My husband found me on-line. He asked me out right away. At first he thought I was my best friend who he had also seen at the Rabbi's...but when he realized it was me he was THRILLED! He had told a family in the community about me...but he was too shy to ask the Rabbi.

I had a date with the guy from high school on Thur. night and I was spending Shabbos in his community. (sundown Fri. to sundown Sat). I told my hubby about the other date...we were e-mailing on-line...and he thought it was best to see what happened with the high school guy before we should go out.

Wed. night, the night before my date, my hubby and I spoke on the phone for 4 hours! The high school guy called through and I didn't even get it. Needless to say, Sat. night I met my hubby in person and we've been together since. We got enagaged just under 3 months and married in 7 months of knowing each other. We couldn't be happier with anyone else!!!!

P.S. It took us 4 months to meet...so I was right! I would know within 6 months....

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#30619 - 12/08/03 02:19 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Tory and I have been together 9 1/2 years and we celebrate our 7th anniversary next month. Jan. 11 if you want the date.

My sister, Heather, has been happily married for over 9 1/2 and is expecting #4 (boy) a few weeks after their 10th anniversary. She had Tory and I walk up together in their wedding. He left me at the reception, after the wedding party dance, for this other girl who was not really interested in him. We started dating two months later. It just took him a little while.

Here is a link to our church. web page Meike is in the two & three's picture under children's ministry. You can't see her really well. She is towards the back looking at the camara.

My brother-in-law is the current youth pastor.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 688 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5440

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review