All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
A Fox I tell you! new
      #254233 - 03/24/06 01:12 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

We had great fun with my married name over Christmas. It's not very common in the part of the country that I am from.
My brothers, although younger, are very protective. Their friends know this and try to tease them, so they came up to them in the pub on Christmas Eve when we were all there including P and said "your sister's a Fox" (they knew the married name) My brother said "yeah, I know" and the guys had had a few drinks too many and were like "no, did you hear me, I said your SISTER is a FOX", to which my brother again calmly replied "I KNOW!!" It went on for ages, them trying to wind my brother up, him ignoring them.

Then, when I was on the way to the ladies' later I passed on of my brother's friends with a guy that I didn't know. My brother's friend said to the other guy "Get out of the way and let this Fox pass", the guy I didn't know looked at the guy I did know as if to say, "you can't say that, we are going to be in so much trouble", but I obviously didn't react. The guy looked really worried. When I came out three or four minutes later my brother's friend was still explaining very slowly to the other guy that it was OK to call me a Fox because it was my name...doh!

Some of my friends call me "vixen" now too! It is a pretty cool surname, I just can't get used to not being me, if you know what I mean, so I answer to it, but haven't changed my name officially. Yet(?)

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A Fox I tell you! new
      #254234 - 03/24/06 01:16 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'd feel so weird about changing my name. It's part of my identity. I think if I told a guy he'd have to change HIS name every time he got married, he'd look at me like, Why would anybody do THAT?

Fox is a GREAT surname!! You ARE a Fox!! Tee heee

~nelly~

Re: A Fox I tell you! new
      #254243 - 03/24/06 01:29 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..and so is my husband!!!!!

and my mother-in-law

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1575 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8798

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review