All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
aww, snuggles!! new
      #254044 - 03/23/06 04:22 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm so glad that we could be there with you. I just want your owwies to go away.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Injections new
      #254073 - 03/23/06 05:34 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I really tried hard to do the injections myself. They're inter-muscular injections, which means I have to stab myself in the thigh (can't reach my glut, lol!) But the pain from the stuff going in me is like fire in my leg, and I can't physically push in the plunger myself. The first time, BF actually found me half naked, on the floor, my syringe thrown halfway across the room, dripping stuff everywhere. Not my finest moment!!

He's scared of needles too, so he's no help. I did find a friend who said she'd try to give me one, but I think she's just being nice. Maybe if I get desperate! I will count nothing out!

The IVs I get in PA take about 2 hours to drip into my arm. They're bright yellow (think corn-colored jello, scary!) and contain the cocktail they're using to make my muscles feel better and to boost my immune response. I do feel better once I've had one, and I've been going up every 2 weeks to get pumped full of the stuff, so hopefully it's doing some good. Those treatments are $125, plus I pay $35 for the IM shot to get that over with. (...and if we're adding cost, it's $15 in tolls, plus $35 in gas to get there and back.)

~nelly~

Hugs are on the way. I hope the appt. went well. nt new
      #254077 - 03/23/06 05:42 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: You're welcome Nelly :) new
      #254130 - 03/24/06 05:51 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

Is it the big 3-0? Aren't you, like, a size 10?? You look great!!!

Thanks Nelly, I've just piled on about 8 or 9 pounds since the wedding, (about 6/7 since Christmas) and have been really lazy, and my clothes are straining under my thighs so I need to either tone up or buy new clothes and toning up has more health benefits. I completely lost the run of myself overy Christmas and was usually to be found with my head in the tin of "Celebrations"! Anyway, am back on track now and feeling better, just don't want to "let myself go" now that I am a married lady! Don't worry I won't be fading away!

And yes, my birthday this year is the big 3-0

--------------------
S.

No way! new
      #254148 - 03/24/06 07:07 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

That's a lot of money! I thought mine was bad....well, it is, but not this much! Oh my, how do you do it? I guess your can't anymore...hence, the free clinic.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: You're welcome Nelly :) new
      #254177 - 03/24/06 08:49 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Being 30 isn't that bad!!!!

Yeah, it's all the money I've been making new
      #254190 - 03/24/06 10:08 AM
Nelly

I know, it's huge, isn't it? All the money I've been making almost is going to these bills. It's almost $7000 since Jan 31st.

My treatments are going to get cheaper now that I'm a regular. The big one was $2500 for blood tests (they tested for A LOT), and now that that's over with it'll be $500/mo for meds and about $350/mo for treatments. (!!)

Lucky I don't have any dependants and BF is covering rent for a while. We've just been eating out of the freezer lately, and there are no new clothes for me for a little bit longer!

~nelly~

I agree!! new
      #254192 - 03/24/06 10:21 AM
Nelly

30 is great!! Once you get past the actual birthday, of course! Sinead, you look GREAT, and I know you're not going to turn into some cat lady now that you're married!! You and Tina are both sexy married ladies now!!

~nelly~

Re: I agree!! new
      #254228 - 03/24/06 01:01 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Thanks Nelly and Tina. I'm not so much dreading thirty as seeing it as a goal date to do things, to get me some motivation from somewhere! I don't expect it to be bad, but see it as entering another phase in my life, like I did when I got married for example...positive thoughts, just sounds a bit scary...like ticking the "Married" box for the first time on a form!

BTW I'm more a fox than a cat (Fox is my yet to be adopted married name!!)

--------------------
S.

Re: I agree!! new
      #254232 - 03/24/06 01:05 PM
Nelly

Fox!! Excellent!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5746 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review