All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
lower back pain?
      #253059 - 03/19/06 11:20 AM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

does anyone know what would cause lower back pain? mine is really bad in the morning..and it will ease up closer to the evening, i have a hard time getting up off the couch cause its so bad.. i feel weak in the legs, when i go to get up..my legs are very shaky and my back hurts.. i have a crappy matress, so would that cause pain like that? it hurts to bend over and everything.. im not sure if i should go get checked or not..

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: lower back pain? new
      #253060 - 03/19/06 11:35 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Could be the mattress. You want to get one that is solid and supportive, not mushy and mishaped.

You should see your doctor if this is a recurring problem, or if it doesn't go away. Some things to try to alleviate the pain is a heating pad, peppermint tea, a warm bath, or stretching carefully.

If it is muscle pain, then a stretching pose you could try is lying on your back on the floor, both legs stretched out, bring one knee bent towards your chest and hold it. Then do that with the other knee. Do it very lightly though, do not go as far as you feel pain, stop before.

Strengthening your abs is also really good for your lower back. Doing crunches (properly!) is good for anyone really, but if the pain is caused by something other than your muscles then its best to see a doctor.

Hope you feel better soon!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2816 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 247

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review